Savage ultralite replacement stock??

What model 110 did you drop into them? I bet a standard 110 will fit but I'm wondering about my Ultralite since it has a slightly different lug.
1 was a standard 110 and other was a 110 Ultralight. I don't recall a difference but I glass bedded both recoil lugs just the same.

I also did a SA 110 ultralight in a H&S Precision, it fit better but I didn't like how the savage plastic bottom metal fed(300wsm). I eventually found a Mannars w/ mini chassis and AI bottom metal and fixed my 300wsm.
James

Was the HS or mannars ultralite specific of just 110 models? I'm starting to think most 110 aftermarket stocks will fit the ultralite. Odd OE Savage Accustocks won't fit.

IMG_1347.jpeg

110UL in Manner's mini Chasis SA (discontinued)

Looks awesome! And was it just the standard 110 inlet and not a ultralite lug version?
Not aware of a different "version" for the ultralite recoil lug. I've not measured mine compared to other short action savages that I have, but I don't see where it is going to make a difference. The inlet is milled out enough to accept a decent sized lug. However the back of the lug is what mates up tight to the bedding block and if that part of the stock is machined correctly it's going to be a good fit. If you're worried about it, bed it and have peace of mind. I did not need to bed mine as it shot exceptionally well. I didn't think I can see an appreciable difference in bedding it for my needs.

Last edited:
Lightweight Savage aftermarket stock options have come a long ways in the past couple years. I have 3 pure precision altitudes and one stocky's vg2. I like the altitudes better but the stockys is a little more affordable option. Carbon barrel rifle is the altitude and fde rifle is the vg2.

IMG_2588 (1).jpgIMG_2589 (1).jpg

Grayboe also does drop in Savage now. Here's some in stock on their 40% off sale. I have multiple Grayboe stocks on my 700 clone builds. I really like them and customer service has been fantastic.

Last edited:
Lightweight Savage aftermarket stock options have come a long ways in the past couple years. I have 3 pure precision altitudes and one stocky's vg2. I like the altitudes better but the stockys is a little more affordable option. Carbon barrel rifle is the altitude and fde rifle is the vg2.

View attachment 584251View attachment 584252
I have a VG2 on my weatherby. Like it but wanted to go altitude on this savage… how do they compare since you have both?

Recent Posts