Savage/stevens 555 28ga forcing cone damage

jon5656

LRH Sponsor
I shot some apex tss turkey loads and some of my 7/8oz tss handloads and this is the forcing cone damage is it still safe to shoot anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_4976.png
    IMG_4976.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_4975.jpeg
    IMG_4975.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 236
Probably safe to shoot, but I'd stop shooting the TSS. See how it patterns with normal lead shot. I have the sporting clays model 555 in 12 Ga. I love the gun. I don't remember seeing anything about not shooting TSS in the user guide.
Yeah I'm going to see how it shoots lead I have a mossberg 500 410 that I tried 2 apex tss turkey loads just to see how it would pattern and it has marks in the barrel from it , I've shot 100s of 12ga tss 2-1/4 oz 3 inch shells that I hand loaded out of multiple different 12 gauges Winchester sxps ,stoeger m3000 mossberg 500s and Stevens 301 no issues with any of those I was thinking it's the small gauges but I'm probably wrong idk

It's probably plastic
Use a mix of acetone and trans fluid (do not get on anything else but bore)it will melt the plastic away in a short time. Should be gone in a few swipes!

It's probably plastic
Use a mix of acetone and trans fluid (do not get on anything else but bore)it will melt the plastic away in a short time. Should be gone in a few swipes!
After looking closer at picture. Maybe not! Plastic.
But in any case I'd shoot it!

It needs a trip to Briley and get the cones lengthened. When I bought my 28 gauge O/U about 12 years ago, the guy in the cabalas said. "Light Loads" I use Fiocchi Golden Pheasant. Its a low brass load at 1300 fps. So far .so good