Savage Extractor...lost the ball

birdiemc

I shot the ball across the shop today when trying to put the bolt back together after setting my headspace. Brownells has them for $5 so I'm gonna order one, but before I do, I figured I would check to see if there's any nifty upgraded extractor I should consider while I'm at it. I stole the ball from another savage bolt I have laying around and it extracts just fine, just wondering what folks recommend.

I tried the oversized ball. It added a lot of resistance when closing the bolt. I switched back to the original.

Bought a bag of 25 .140s from Amazon a few years back...the numbers have dwindled down with various builds & a couple of "launches"! Usually I disassemble in a clear gallon zip lock...always works....but go without when in a hurry and see ya!!!
Last summer when I moved my man cave from one side of the garage to the other the clean up on the corners by the wall revealed 2 live primers, 1 extractor ball and a coveted ejector spring!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.