SAUM’s Share yours from Hunting or Comp. Pics Heavy !!

Yes NX8, 4-32 F1 MOAR reticle. I have 3 of them, 2 hunting rigs and on my PRS rifle. I like to keep things as close to the same as possible on all my rigs. The only gripe is the eyebox is not very forgiving, but this can be mitigated by getting your cheek and LOP as perfect as possible.
I have the same model and agree about the eyebox but it has not seemed to be an issue in the field. I got mine as a demo unit from europtic. Saved a ton.

SMR 7 Saum, Defiance Anti, Proof Sendero 22-in, NF NX8 2.5-20. Shooting Berger 175 EH at 2950. Perfect for what I do.

Attachments

• Rifle.jpg
    Rifle.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 75
7saum
Kauger VPR long action left bolt right port
24inch 8.5 twist fluted Brux Remington varmint contour
Grayboe Phoenix
Bix trigger
throated for 180 vlds
It's seems to like n565 and h1000. First group I shot with it at 500 yards was 1.5 inches or so.
IMG_1803.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpeg
    IMG_1810.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1806.jpeg
    IMG_1806.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 58
Longtine,
What is your barrel length, and load if you don't mind sharing? Also assuming on a L/A with the .220 freebore you mentioned earlier?
Yes, it's the .220 FB. The barrel is a C6 CF barrel at 27". It's a tight chamber and cut to be .002" above new ADG brass. my CBTO is 2.360". I touch lands at 2.355". The bullet is in the lands at 0.005". New ADG Brass or resized brass with N570 67.8 grains gets me an average velocity of 2,968 fps average. I ran it up to 69.0 grains to 3,035 fps with pressure signs. The 67.8 grains gets me a vertical dispersion at 650 yards of 2" basically. But the 68.1 to 68.4 has the best disersion of half that, but it's very close to pressure and I'm shooting in Texas and the temps can kill ya. But that being said if I were only to use in the high country in the fall I would be at the 68.2 grains in the middle and I would shoot it all day long. At the 68.2 I was averaging 2,984 fps and an ES of 5. I confirmed it 4 times on 2 different days. It want's to be there. So that being said, I am going to cut a Brux Medium Palma at 26" and try to hit that node but I will be back at the 2,960 fps spot with the better dispersion.

To note: The only 7PRC barrel I cut was a 26" and I could not get to within 80 fps of what the SAUM pushed it.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
As soon as I can find a Brux that same contour in 7mm that's what I'm building. I'm going to try a Medium Palma first but I need the extra length that you can get with the RV.
It works out good for me as I only live an hour from Brux's shop. I just ordered a 30 cal barrel around thanksgiving and they called and told me it was done right before Christmas. I picked it up on the 26th.

It works out good for me as I only live an hour from Brux's shop. I just ordered a 30 cal barrel around thanksgiving and they called and told me it was done right before Christmas. I picked it up on the 26th.
Aren't Palmas are usually longer than than RV?

Yes, it's the .220 FB. The barrel is a C6 CF barrel at 27". It's a tight chamber and cut to be .002" above new ADG brass. my CBTO is 2.360". I touch lands at 2.355". The bullet is in the lands at 0.005". New ADG Brass or resized brass with N570 67.8 grains gets me an average velocity of 2,968 fps average. I ran it up to 69.0 grains to 3,035 fps with pressure signs. The 67.8 grains gets me a vertical dispersion at 650 yards of 2" basically. But the 68.1 to 68.4 has the best disersion of half that, but it's very close to pressure and I'm shooting in Texas and the temps can kill ya. But that being said if I were only to use in the high country in the fall I would be at the 68.2 grains in the middle and I would shoot it all day long. At the 68.2 I was averaging 2,984 fps and an ES of 5. I confirmed it 4 times on 2 different days. It want's to be there. So that being said, I am going to cut a Brux Medium Palma at 26" and try to hit that node but I will be back at the 2,960 fps spot with the better dispersion.

To note: The only 7PRC barrel I cut was a 26" and I could not get to within 80 fps of what the SAUM pushed it.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Thank you for the info Longtine. Great to know that the 7SAUM set up right will equal or beat the PRC!