SAUM’s Share yours from Hunting or Comp. Pics Heavy !!

Were you @ 2935 with 62grs of Retumbo? Pressure?
Yes. 2935 62 gr. Here is a pic of the brass at 62 gr. Its hard to see in the pic, but very slight ejector mark by the mm seen with the magnifying glass. I figure 61 would be better. I should also mention I shoot suppressed.
20240714_135347.jpg

Yes. 2935 62 gr. Here is a pic of the brass at 62 gr. Its hard to see in the pic, but very slight ejector mark by the mm seen with the magnifying glass. I figure 61 would be better. I should also mention I shoot suppressed. View attachment 586260
IMO you have room to go on that piece of brass. The primer is still well rounded.

Yes. 2935 62 gr. Here is a pic of the brass at 62 gr. Its hard to see in the pic, but very slight ejector mark by the mm seen with the magnifying glass. I figure 61 would be better. I should also mention I shoot suppressed. View attachment 586260
This is brand new brass right? If so you will probably need to back it off on 2nd firing. I stopped around 60 if I remember correctly on new brass in my rifle. Also you should gain 50-100fps after around 100 rounds down your new tube.

This is brand new brass right? If so you will probably need to back it off on 2nd firing. I stopped around 60 if I remember correctly on new brass in my rifle. Also you should gain 50-100fps after around 100 rounds down your new tube.
Yes new never fired brass. I will FL size (shoulder bump .002 - .003) but I would think the brass is a touch bigger on the 2nd firing so the pressure is a touch lower right?

Yes new never fired brass. I will FL size (shoulder bump .002 - .003) but I would think the brass is a touch bigger on the 2nd firing so the pressure is a touch lower right?
Not necessarily less pressure. A lot of energy is going into fully fireforming it, when fully fireformed (2nd or 3rd firing) you will get a better read on if you are at true max. I think you are safe to try 61 again and see. I personally would not go 62. You do have a little less bearing surface with the 156's versus the 153.5's I am shooting, so that will help.

I can get you my exact load with my rifle if you would like.

PH

Thanks PH. I am always learning something new. I appreciate the advice from all in this group. I will report back in a few weeks.