Sauer 100

robo57

Anyone have any experience with the Sauer 100 rifle?
I just picked up a used one chambered in .243 Winchester
Primarily going to be a Varmint rifle
I'm kind of veering away from exotic caliber's
Ammo prices are getting ridiculous
I also reload, reloading components are getting
Pricey as well

I bought one in 6.5prc for my son for Xmas last year.

So far I like it. I haven't finished a load development on it yet. We are just breaking it in and it shoots pretty well. I have no doubt that it will shoot MOA or better.

The only thing I find weird is you really need to close the bolt with some intent to make sure the extractor pops onto the rim of the cartridge.

I bought one in 6.5prc for my son for Xmas last year.

So far I like it. I haven't finished a load development on it yet. We are just breaking it in and it shoots pretty well. I have no doubt that it will shoot MOA or better.

The only thing I find weird is you really need to close the bolt with some intent to make sure the extractor pops onto the rim of the cartridge.
Thanks for the info 👍

Bought one in 6.5 PRC about 4yrs ago. Loved it but a friend wanted it after I had a custom built by LPR. Shot moa. I liked it so much I bought one in 6.5 creed. It shot moa also. Both moa with 143 eldx. Gave that one to my son in law. I think there awesome rifles for the price. Just not as well known as a Tikka. The bolt being hard to close may be because if I remember rite it cocks on the close of the bolt.

Should be a great rifle for you. Hope that helps. JMHO

I do! Owned two of them. One a mod100 With black stock in 6.5 CM, I hunted with for two years, then my neighbor bought it. My second is a Field Shot in 6.5CM Big heavy and long barrel. Shoots great. Sun MOA with most everything I've loaded for it , after I'd put over a hundred rounds down the tube. It just took a little while to settle down. But now if I'm on, its half inch or better. They have a very good trigger, easy adjustment.

Lots of misinformation about the Sauer 100 out there. They kinda remind me of a Tikka, except with a German accent!

6 lbs. 7 oz. seems pretty light for the .308/.30-06 I am looking at. No, it's not as light as my 6 pound 7mm-08 SuperLite, but sometimes a little weight is welcome. My friends were pretty impressed by my 7mmRM Tikka M695 I was hunting with this weekend...7.25 pounds. They liked how steady the rifle was and how well it shouldered/handled.

Different strokes for different folks....

I had a friend that had on, and it was a great handling, great shooting rifle. The only thing we noticed is that when we measured the actual twist of the rifle, it was about 1" per revolution slower than stated. In your case, with a 243 Win, with varmint bullets, it wouldnt be an issue, even if the rifle had the same issue. Definately not a ding on Sauer, just an observation. I would own one, for sure.

I picked up my Sauer 100 today
Chambered in.253 Winchester this is a used rifle
I found on Guns.com
The listing said "Very Good Condition"
That was an understatement
This rifle is pristine!
It's nice to make a good purchase without buyers remorse
Now to put a scope on it and get to the range 👍

Recent Posts