Sauer 100

Can anyone recommend a good scope to put on my Sauer 100 rifle?
I have a Nikon 2-7 X 32
That I'm thinking about putting that on it for now
Any thoughts?

I had a leupold VX5HDZL2 3-15x44 firedot reticle. A little pricy, but solid glass. Burris 3-15 x44 lighted E3 reticle in the $500 range, lower at times. Both good glass. The .243 will kill reliably to 500 plus yards. Being able to see it makes it easier to kill it.

We just got a variety of Sauer 100 rifles in at the store I work at. Haven't shot one yet. Almost certainly am going to buy one at some point in the not too distant future. I am very impressed with what I'm seeing for the price.

Will do a full write up somewhere on LRH pretty soon.

My only real beef is that I find it annoying when short action cartridges just get magazines with spacers and are still chambered in long action rifles - TIKKA does this too, it's not a big deal but also what's the point of having a short action cartridge if you don't have a short action?

That being said…one of the rifles that speaks to me most from the batch is the HS Precision "Pantera" - it's the sauer 100 Pantera (shorter 20 inch semi heavy fluted barrel) but it wears an HS Precision fiberglass stock that just feels top quality. The one we have and I want is a .308 Winchester. I'd eat my hat if that rifle doesn't shoot lights out.

The other one that really tugs at my heart is a 100 classic hardwood in 270 Winchester….gosh she's pretty…