Sako VS Browning

I don't know anything about an A bolt 2, whether or not they have the same trigger system. I had a long-range A Bolt Stainless Stalker in 7 Rem Mag that I had Pac Nor put a barrel on, glory be....what a shooter! I played with the spring, got the trigger down to 1 lb, and was safe. No one would believe the groups that I shot with that rifle!

I don't know anything about an A bolt 2, whether or not they have the same trigger system. I had a long-range A Bolt Stainless Stalker in 7 Rem Mag that I had Pac Nor put a barrel on, glory be....what a shooter! I played with the spring, got the trigger down to 1 lb, and was safe. No one would believe the groups that I shot with that rifle!
Abolt 2,s are adjustable & have flat side bolts where 1’s aren’t adjustable & have straight fluted bolts. My AB 2 7mag. Absolutely loves the 162SST
Havnt. Shot the AB1 7mag yet, too busy fighting hoards of mosquitoes 🦟 & getting mowers stuck

Bought an A bolt 300 Win Mag with synthetic stock as a backup for an Alaska moose hunt. Took it to the range to start barrel break in. Heavy recoil for 300 WM. Dropped rifle at consignment shop on the way home. Gunbroker has some Rem & Win models with wood stocks for around $1500.

I've shot both. Neither one shot any better than the other. I own 3 abolts myself and shot a friends newer sako and an older one that I rented in Africa. They were all good rifles. The brownings all needed the adjistable triggers turned down to min (2.5 lbs) and both sakos had trigger jobs done too, so I would say it was as fair of a comparison as can be reallistically made. Personally for a 375 rifle that would be used for dangerous game, the 60° bolt on the browning would sell me on it. The rust issue on the sako would totally push me away.
Trigger job on a Sako? That's a new one for us we have oven ten Sako rifles of various ages all their triggers are excellent

Never owned an Abolt, but I have 2 xbolts in lighter calibers that shoot about as good as any custom. I have 2 sakos, one AV classic in 7mm rem mag and a brown bear in 375. Both shoot great. 1 moa with really no load workup. My sakos are pretty and my xbolts are not. Both have earned safe space.

Abolt 2,s are adjustable & have flat side bolts where 1’s aren’t adjustable & have straight fluted bolts. My AB 2 7mag. Absolutely loves the 162SST
Havnt. Shot the AB1 7mag yet, too busy fighting hoards of mosquitoes 🦟 & getting mowers stuck
The AB2’s while adjustable aren’t adjustable enough. I still swap trigger springs in mine. You can go cheap or spendy, but even a $30 Timney trigger spring is still money well spent for what you get. I used the same spring pack in my AB1 7mm and my AB2 .300 win. Both triggers feel identical now which was the goal. My only problem is remembering that my .300 has a brake on it while the 7mm does not, so first shot often surprises me with the .300

Never owned an Abolt, but I have 2 xbolts in lighter calibers that shoot about as good as any custom. I have 2 sakos, one AV classic in 7mm rem mag and a brown bear in 375. Both shoot great. 1 moa with really no load workup. My sakos are pretty and my xbolts are not. Both have earned safe space.
Just to mention, both xbolts took a $10 mcarbo trigger spring to make them nice. Sakos were good to go out the box.

I have an option to get a minty A Bolt, early 90s stainless stalker, plastic stock, in 375H&H for 1500CAD
I have zero experience with browning rifles. comes with rings and a throw away scope, iron sights

but I already have a Sako AV in the same, but its in rough condition, needs a total overhaul, only the stock is in passable condition, needs but pad, a TON of cleaning, some rust all over the place and blueing is mostly gone. I got it for about 900, pictures were apparently very old. Ill probably have to put 400 into it, plus time to make it usable. AND it needs a rear sight.

any opinions? Is it worth putting in the effort into the Sako?

I have a couple older Sako (L579r carbine and L61r) that shoot under MOA if I do my part, and a couple of Tikkas so I'm comfortable with Sako but have never held a browning
SAKO, period.

I have an option to get a minty A Bolt, early 90s stainless stalker, plastic stock, in 375H&H for 1500CAD
I have zero experience with browning rifles. comes with rings and a throw away scope, iron sights

but I already have a Sako AV in the same, but its in rough condition, needs a total overhaul, only the stock is in passable condition, needs but pad, a TON of cleaning, some rust all over the place and blueing is mostly gone. I got it for about 900, pictures were apparently very old. Ill probably have to put 400 into it, plus time to make it usable. AND it needs a rear sight.

any opinions? Is it worth putting in the effort into the Sako?

I have a couple older Sako (L579r carbine and L61r) that shoot under MOA if I do my part, and a couple of Tikkas so I'm comfortable with Sako but have never held a browning
I've owned a Tikka stainless in 300wsm and at the same time a Browning 300 wm X-bolt. The action in the Tikka was amazingly tight. I put muzzle brakes on both due to shoulder surgery. The Tikka was a good shooting rifle as was the Browning. I would take both to the range and run a box of ammo thru them. In the end the Browning won out. Really love the Browning but no gripes about the Tikka just preferred the Browning.