Sako VS Browning

I’ve never been considered to be one of the “cool kids”. But, if having a .375 AI qualifies me…..I’ll proudly wear that title! memtb
not really familiar with the 375 AI, but I had one of my 375 hh rechambered to 375RUM. it is my first choice for 375 now.

Devil's Advocate here.

neither!

Both sound like junk. A-Bolts suk, the repairs on the SAKO will cost a couple grand if done right. You would be better off with a Ruger 77. Used can be quite affordable. Forget the AI, you're just asking for problems. Can be dangerous if hunting "dangerous" game with handloads.
eating dill pickles? but I love model 77 rugers as well.

Wow! I trust my handloads at least equal to factory ammo. Plus if concerned about handloads in the AI…..just shoot factory .375 H&H! 😉

I kinda like the additional 200 to 300 fps mv gained with the AI. It puts in pretty a “near” long range hunting class! 😉 memtb
my rum shoots barnes ttsx 275's into .75 moa outside to outside at just under 3100 fps. my friend did a ballistic chart for me and exclaimed that it shot flatter than his 270 win. been to Africa 12 times, shot everything up to cape buff, out to 560 yds(kudu).

a
How does the 375 AI feed? I thought about that for cape buffalo. Or maybe a 416 or 458 on a 338 lapua imp case of some variation?
s long as options are being offered, prefer my rifles for dangerous game to be controlled feed. that being said, I am surprised no one has brought up cz 550 magnums. classic mauser, set trigger(i like it) good looks if you get the American style stock. not the German. I read a study that proclaimed it the strongest action, period. but since being discontinued the have gone up. $2500 being typical for 375. I have a bunch, 9.3 x64, 375 hh, 458win/lott, 458 win, 338 lapua, 505 gibbs, 2 550 mag customs, 600 ok custom, 450 rigby, 500 jeffery, 470 bibamufu custom. but I also have 375 cheytac on Montana arms professional, 2 winc 70 375's, ruger mod 77 mag 416 rigby, granite mtn custom 577 t rex, granite mtn 700 ahr, building g a 585 hubel express on a Montana arms. professional. I admit it, I am sick
after all that, I love my 338 mod 85 sako.

a

s long as options are being offered, prefer my rifles for dangerous game to be controlled feed. that being said, I am surprised no one has brought up cz 550 magnums. classic mauser, set trigger(i like it) good looks if you get the American style stock. not the German. I read a study that proclaimed it the strongest action, period. but since being discontinued the have gone up. $2500 being typical for 375. I have a bunch, 9.3 x64, 375 hh, 458win/lott, 458 win, 338 lapua, 505 gibbs, 2 550 mag customs, 600 ok custom, 450 rigby, 500 jeffery, 470 bibamufu custom. but I also have 375 cheytac on Montana arms professional, 2 winc 70 375's, ruger mod 77 mag 416 rigby, granite mtn custom 577 t rex, granite mtn 700 ahr, building g a 585 hubel express on a Montana arms. professional. I admit it, I am sick
after all that, I love my 338 mod 85 sako.
My shoulder hurts after just reading your post.

Sell them both and go shopping for one or the other in nice condition….we have a tendency to always only grab “The One” out of the safe because it shoots better ….best of luck also I seem to have too many projects and the clock of life is speeding up…

My shoulder hurts after just reading your post.
lol, don't shoot them a lot. I will never get to hunt with them all. had the 700 ahr for15 years, haven't shot it yet. remember that as a handloader I don't need to load them all to the max! when hunting I never really notice recoil. about 4 years ago I came off the front trigger of my 470 nitro , blaser double rifle and pulled the rear trigger without realizing it. couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the rest trigger to fire. the pH said, uh, doc you already pulled it. hammered the big cape buff , middle of the shoulder about 1.25 in apart. never felt the recoil or heard the double report. I kind of get amped in the moment!

I gotta admit that I'm the same... when there's game in the crosshairs... I have never felt the recoil of any of my guns lol.

Anyways... nothing wrong with the A-bolts. Got 2 of the Mountain Ti and they are surprisingly accurate and both came with triggers from the factory at 2.5 lbs. But the actions are a little clunky because of the plastic covers over the bolts.

Sako... as one gentleman said... fit and finish is just better. I have a couple. 691 action in 300 RUM and 85 in 28 Nosler. But both rechambered. Accuracy is second to none.

In the end... both are good. But for what you need to invest,i would say sell it (unless its sentimental) and you can pick up a Sako in 375 H&H in goid shape for $1600 to $1800 CAD and a Sako 85 in 375 H&H for $2200 in absolute mint shape. Take it to a gunsmith and roughly $275 to go to the Ackley Improved version and then go sledge hammer something!!!!

Or if your like me... keep the Sako as a future project... buy the A-Bolt because you can/got (what I tell the wife) a really good deal on it AND... start shopping around for a Sako or CZ (they are nice too but mines a 204 Ruger) and have ALL THREE. Just remember to take an empty gun case out saying... just going to the range honey... that way when the case returns full... she's none the wiser!!!

Only answer is restore the Sako and never look back.
I have never liked Browning bolt actions, the list as to why is too long to put here.
I have Sako's myself, L46, L461, L579, L61 and an AV. Would restore any of these in a heartbeat over a Browning…

Cheers.
Can you explain? Not being an *** just curious? I have a Tikka and A Browning A bolt Gold medallion in 22.50 in the super grade with a really nice shiney stock that would be the exact opposite of what one would need in that caliber for predator hunting. But back in the day Sportsmans Warehouse used to have super deals on Black Friday. So I bought the Browning for 6 bills. I think the Tikka is the frist version with the plastic bolt shroud. Got that one for a steal too. Does not make it shoot bad.