Ruger American cycling problems

My team is the Steelers so I'm expecting another just over .500 season from Tomlin. He's the master at winning 9 and 10 games. Then missing the playoffs every year. At least the Cowboys make the playoffs.

As far as leaving California I would only recommend it if you live on the wrong side of the Andreus fault line it's just a matter of time it will happen scientist know this for a fact (sorry) if your on the wrong side with your family.

Right now I have a Ruger 77 Hawkeye in .450 Bushmaster that I am about to embark, hopefully, on fixing a feeding issue. The rifle feeds without issues using the Barnes 250 grain TTSX bullets, but...it is getting a catastrophic jam with the Hammer 221 grain Stone Hammer Bushmaster bullets. The issue is with the last round in the magazine, the round goes up the feed ramp and then jams against the top of the receiver. If I load the Barnes TTSX bullet as the last round in the magazine the rifle feeds without issue. The rifle feeds flawlessly with the Hammer bullets up to that last round in the magazine, that is the when the rifle jams. I am not opposed to putting a TTSX bullet in the magazine to make it the last round, but...I would prefer that the rifle feeds everything properly. I really like the 221 grain Hammers because I believe it is "the" bullet for the .450 Bushmaster. I find that 2500 fps out of a 20 inch barrel with a 221 grain bullet is significant for black bear hunting that I bought it for. I will try polishing the feed ramp, although it already does look good, and probably will not mess with the feed ramps. I do not know what I would be doing messing with the feed ramps, so I am not going to touch them.

I pulled this image from a write up on Accuratereloading.com a few years ago. D'Arcy Echols was helping BBaxter resolve feeding issues on a 9.3 x62 Mauser.

Would cutting a chamfer at the chamber mouth ease the entry of the bullet's nose into the chamber in your situation?

I do this on all my Mauser builds as I shoot the Barnes TSX in most of them - when hunting in California. Moving to the LRX now to extend my effective range. The radius is a nice touch and really smooths things out, but I don't have a lathe.

I purchased a 70 degree cutter on ebay to make this operation very simple and done by hand.

1724294081453.png