Rok Stock

I too would be very interested in upgrading the factory stock on my m70 with something like this. The problem is, based on what's on their webpage, is they won't make any for that action until they get 15 orders.

Maybe I'm just a little pessimistic, as I'm sure over a somewhat short period of time they would sell that many, there are probably several of those purchasers that won't commit to it due to the unknown of if or when the order happens.

Hmmm
The counter is gone from their web site, so they have the orders they need. In a forum post it says delivery in June or July. They are also going to have them in walnut at some point.

I came here to say just that lol...

Pretty cool how John Lazzeroni pretty much spearheaded everything popular these days but he did it 20+ years ago.

A man way ahead of the times and doesn't get any credit from all the copy cats currently.

Are you referring to the Monte Carlo having a negative comb? Didn't weatherby do that too?

I've got one on order from the first preorder and they're building me a 30 Nosler +P right now with one. So I'll have a couple to test once I get them. Should see at least one if not two of them soon. I really like negative comb stocks so can't wait to try them out.

I was going to go with a rokstok on my newest build, but the grip just bunched the crap out of my hands (a bit on the larger side), so I went a different route. Tried it out a few times in the shop, but just couldn't swing it. Love the nimrod, went with a game warden( I think) with an extra 1" lop.

Negative comb for recoil reduction in general.

Yes I'm pretty sure Weatherby has also done it on factory rifles for decades.
I think the butt being so low below the bore more than offsets any benefit of a "negative comb" on the Weatherby or Lazzeroni stocks.

I think the butt being so low below the bore more than offsets any benefit of a "negative comb" on the Weatherby or Lazzeroni stocks.

Exactly and the negative comb Monte Carlo on that Lazzeroni is so far forward I'm not sure my cheek would even reach it if I were square behind the rifle.

I've gotten to handle the Rokstock a lot. I designed the integral rail section and the 4 rails that fit in that area. We are manufacturing the rails.
I handled one last weekend and liked it. The one thing that'd keep me from using it is no arca rail running the entire length. Why go through the trouble of adding one near the end for a bipod and not for tripod? Seems like a real oversight to me unless the thinking is that real hunters only use bipods. If that's the case why is it arca?

Seems like a real oversight to me unless the thinking is that real hunters only use bipods. If that's the case why is it arca?
it was designed to be a minimalistic sporter stock with nothing hanging below the forend. Originally they weren't even sure about the scallop but a poll showed it was 50/50 so they made both.

The designer is a proponent of shooting off a backpack vs even a bipod, so I don't think he cares for tripod shooting. Originally the scallop was just a pic rail but srs designed one that had both.

It's not really a why would you put the arca up there but not down here it's a it wasn't gonna have arca at all we just added because we could and people might like that Extra feature.

Fwiw unknown said online they'll slap an arca under it if you want.

Personally I'm glad it doesn't come with it as it's pointless to me other than added money, weight and uncomfortable offhand

Fwiw I got mine in today and I'm very impressed. Pretty swamped with work and family but hope to get some live rounds down next week.

Off hand it's very nice, and much better than I had expected even. The grip feel is fantastic in about every way. Shape, angle and width are all about perfect, very neutral and doesn't bind the hand up and the trigger reach is nice and short which is very rare. Forend feels great offhand and the texture in the grip and forend is very good.

Prone dry fire confirmed the raised heel of the stock is fantastic for placing the buttpad actually on the shoulder when prone and not down in my armpit like most hunting stocks when you lay down.

So far I'm really happy with it and excited to do some shooting

Fwiw I got mine in today and I'm very impressed. Pretty swamped with work and family but hope to get some live rounds down next week.

Off hand it's very nice, and much better than I had expected even. The grip feel is fantastic in about every way. Shape, angle and width are all about perfect, very neutral and doesn't bind the hand up and the trigger reach is nice and short which is very rare. Forend feels great offhand and the texture in the grip and forend is very good.

Prone dry fire confirmed the raised heel of the stock is fantastic for placing the buttpad actually on the shoulder when prone and not down in my armpit like most hunting stocks when you lay down.

So far I'm really happy with it and excited to do some shooting
Thanks for the detail on various aspects. That's definitely helpful. I'm curious, did you bed it?