Rifle/Pistol Recoil

I believe rifles with less drop in their stock design have less felt recoil, I have a ruger precision rifle that has straight recoil due to no drop in the stock below the barrel line and I chambered a 30/284 barrel which is compairable to 30-06 and the recoil is surprisingly less than a typical 30-06 stocked rifle

Here is a good question for the Masses.
When shooting a firearm with no BRAKE or Flash Suppressor just a plain muzzle --- why does the RECOIL always lift the rifle UP???
Why doesn't it recoil DOWN or to the SIDE?
Gang bangers goes left or right as they hold it properly. That's why they always have eyes on target and never miss🤣

When shooting a firearm with no BRAKE or Flash Suppressor just a plain muzzle --- why does the RECOIL always lift the rifle UP???
Basically its the path of least resistance, straight back and then up, remove the human from the equation and the bullet existing the muzzle will drive the firearm straight back, for every action there is a reaction, when shouldering the firearm and firing the weapon it recalls straight back, a shooter is forced straight back by recoil, however eventually as the shooter absorbs the recoil the path of least resistance stops being straight back, due to how our joints of the human work or in the case bend, the path of least resistance stops being straight and continues upward, if that makes sense.

Also, when shooting heavy rifles, the muzzle moves upward because your body is anchored at the feet then the waist and teh shoulders are more free to be moved back by recoil, which gives a strong upward movement ot he muszzle. You rotate around your waist, a relatively fixed point.