Rifle/Pistol Recoil

I thought they held the pistol that way because that's the way they picked it up. You know when they stole it.
First time I saw a handgun sideways was in old Glen Ford westerns. He likely only did this in movies, as among his credentials was being a serious student of drawing and shooting.

Left vs Right rifling also moves the firearm differently.

does anyone have a left-handed twist rifle/pistol? i think it can be about twist direction. right spins up and left will spin down............think about it! like playing pool...no english is straight forward, right makes it go right and left goes left

1724888584735.png
1724888584735.png

does anyone have a left-handed twist rifle/pistol? i think it can be about twist direction. right spins up and left will spin down............think about it! like playing pool...no english is straight forward, right makes it go right and left goes left

View attachment 597825View attachment 597825
😂 it doesn't work that way. But if there's a way to put English on bullets we are all in for it!

Not sure about the "English" analogy, but yes I have a left hand twist barrel, and it moves differently in recoil. Mild cartridges rotation may be countered, but in more recoiling set ups you'll definitely feel a difference.

Recent Posts