Revolver long range?

If that is the same as the LBT WFN (hard cast), make sure it's legal. Many states require expanding bullets for big game hunting.

I have had discussions with many different Enforcement officers in a few different states, and none of them had issues with cast bullets being used in my revolvers or single shots.

Hard cast bullets will actually expand/deform a bit when hitting game.

I have shot close to 75 deer with my 44 mag. I run Hornady XTP @1300 fps out of a 6.5" ported barrel. Started with a scope, went to a red dot. 30 years ago... Now I could not shoot iron sights. I did it until 8 to 10 years ago when my eyes could not focus on the front sight anymore, so I retired my iron sights. Great for plinking, kept shots on game under 50 yards.
What is long distance? 125 for me:
The XTP bullet has a hollow point that will expand on bigger deer (stag) and DRT most if shot in teh correct spot right out to 100. I once shot a stag at 140 and he hesitated, roared again with some blood spittle and I sent another one at him and still he stood. Not happy but he stood, so I ran towards him, dropped and fired one more that dropped him. Both bullets at 140 were recovered under far side hide with no visible expansion. The third one at 120 was recovered and mushroomed perfectly.
On whitetail, all the ones I have shot with the XTP ran unless spined out to 111 yards. I opened the hollow point with a 1/8" drill and went 0.10" deeper, removing 9 grains of lead and they now have the same effect on whitetail as on stags. If i didn't have so many XTP 240's I would probably just purchase some hollow points with bigger openings, but this works and is a lot of fun.
On revolver shots I like to avoid a clean pass through to ensure the limited energy dump stays inside the animal.
So, at 1300 fps, 100 yards on deer is long range.
SnT

I've never heard of any sort of bullet requirements, only caliber minimums for big game. I'll have to check it out.
Wisconsin expressly states it (at least used to). That large flat meplat will leave a golf ball sized wound channel side to side, front to rear, virtually any angle on a deer.