Removing paint from cast iron

epags

I just picked up a cast iron tortilla maker at a yard sale. Someone painted it with silver paint (inside and out).
I would like to get it back to the original cast iron....I know I can use parchment paper or wax paper to keep the dough from the surfaces of the press....but I don't want paint chips in my cooking area.
I tried some 'Goof Off" and it is lifting some of the old paint.....just looking for ideas from the cast iron cooks.

I just picked up a cast iron tortilla maker at a yard sale. Someone painted it with silver paint (inside and out).
I would like to get it back to the original cast iron....I know I can use parchment paper or wax paper to keep the dough from the surfaces of the press....but I don't want paint chips in my cooking area.
I tried some 'Goof Off" and it is lifting some of the old paint.....just looking for ideas from the cast iron cooks.
Sandblast and re-season. Cheers

Oven cleaner (lots of it), a black plastic bag and a week in the sun will bake it down to clean. Cheap and easy way to "recondition" cast iron.