Remington 700 long range vs sendaro

Elkeater

What's the difference besides price and some of the asthetics. Noticed the sendaro has a stainless barrel otherwise what's the difference?

Screw a heavy barrel onto an SPS and put it in a B&C stock= 700 Long Range

The Sendero like noted is stainless, fluted, and it's finished a bit nicer.

The long range is a decent value at about $700, mine shot very well. I did however have to polish a ring out of the chamber so fired rounds wouldn't stick. And of course there's the X Mark Placeholder keeping the space under the bolt clean and ready for a trigger to be installed.

The Sendero also has a $400+ H.S. Precision stock on it and a jeweled bolt, and the 700 LR has a much cheaper B&C stock on it with a standard black/blued finish. Nothing wrong with the B&C stocks, they're just not the same quality as the HS Pricision stocks. I have a few of each, so I'm not bashing them. They both have full-aluminum bed blocks in them, both benefit from Devcon skim-bedding jobs (this goes for any rifle & stock), and barrel free-floating...But note that the HS stock is solid hand-laid fiberglass and is SUPER rigid, and the B&C stock is injection-molded polymer. Rifles can be just as accurate with either stock, but there will be flex in the fore end and between the grip & buttstock with the B&C stock. For a budget stock, the B&C's and Stocky's brand stocks are hard to beat, but for a higher quality precision build, an HS Precision, Manners, or McMillan would be a better option.

Just my opinion.

Also, if you are looking for an accurate out-of-the-box 700 that will only require a trigger swap (as do all 700 rifles with the X-Mark Pro triggers), I highly recommend the 5R Milspec models. I have 2 of these, and they are without a doubt, the most accurate factory 700's I've ever shot. They also come in an HS Precision stock, with a heavy barrel, and stainless barrel and action.

Sendero fit and finish is noticeably nicer. The long range isn't a bad rifle, by any means though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have sold several of the long range. All have been very good. Install a brake, bed it, and install a nice trigger and you can't beat it for the money. The poorest shooting rifle we have dealt with yet was a Sendero in 300 rum. So poorly bedded it was terrible.

The long range is available is stainless for additional $40

Steve

The long range is a good rifle, and available in stai less steel as well. They shoot well. Had to do a 5 minute polish jod to the chamber of a 7 mag, it had sticky extraction previously mentioned.
20170613_222940.jpg
20170613_223044.jpg

@MudRunner2005 the B&C is not an injection molded stock, they are hand-laid. The HS has the fill injected but hand-laid shell.
I could have sworn I read that about the B&C stocks, but I guess I was thinking of the injection-molded fill of the HS stocks. Regardless, the H.S. stocks are definitely more rigid and solid-feeling. I think it must be the structural design of the B&C stocks. They feel like they are more resin, and less glass, whereas the H.S. feel like they are more rigid from tighter-laid glass, or maybe they pressurize it while it dries to compact the layers very tightly for rigidity, then CNC mill it out? Something they do in their production process is definitely different. My rifles in B&C stocks shoot great, but I prefer my stocks not to flex. I will probably upgrade them sooner or later to something else, like the Stocky's Long Range stocks.

Last edited:
I agree with MudRunner on consideration of the Remington 700 5r. The 5r certainly deserves a look due to what you receive for your money. If you can live without the fluted barrel, you can get into a "military spec version" for a little more than you are paying for the Remington Long Range. The Second Generation version of the 5r is in the price range of the Sendero. The 5r will provide you with the 700 action, an HS Precision stock and military proven 5r rifling in the barrel. As with any Remington, a new trigger is a must. I've researched the 5r heavily and the reviews are very impressive, positive and worth noting. The 5r also comes in both 24" and military spec 26" barrels, depending on your application. All my "heavy barrels" are 26", so I'm leaning toward a 24" in 300 Win Mag to diversify. I hope to purchase one, soon.

I have owned Sendero's, since they have been offered by Remington. I do love the Sendero's, but they have their place. As with any "heavy barrel", they gain weight rapidly as you add accessories/components. The HS stock on the Sendero is both rigid and strong, but does add it's share of the weight. I have countered the weight issue on one of my Sendero's by adding a Carbon Fiber stock, as an experiment. All of my rifles are used for hunting, so I'm constantly weighing out the components of each rifle in an effort to reduce weight. The action weight of an accurate rifle is difficult to change and often has to be accepted.

The Remington Long Range rifles appear to be a good buy for the money. Cabela's places them on sale quite frequently. I have though about purchasing one in 300 Win Mag to see how they shoot. The heavy "slick" barrels don't bother me, too much. I am more impressed on what kind of groups it will produce. However, my first encounter with a B&C stock was not impressive and I prefer something else. To each, their own.

When comparing these models the stock is the big one for me, I actually pull all the the HS and buy the B&C cause for me it's a better stock in the fit and stupid rugged, the fit form me on the HS SUXS! The barrels are all the same, hit or miss, I see all of them getting replaced within a couple hundred rounds some shoot awesome, I won't waste much ammo on an Rem barrel before replacing it and buy them with that in mind.

I guess I better look at all 3. I originally wanted a 5r but it looks like the gen2 doesn't have a 26" barrel which is what I'm looking for in a 300WM. I'm probably looking to buy in a month or two. If I could find a gen1 5r in 300WM with a 26 inch tube that's what I would really like. If I can't find one then I'll look at the other two.

I guess I better look at all 3. I originally wanted a 5r but it looks like the gen2 doesn't have a 26" barrel which is what I'm looking for in a 300WM. I'm probably looking to buy in a month or two. If I could find a gen1 5r in 300WM with a 26 inch tube that's what I would really like. If I can't find one then I'll look at the other two.

Great price on exactly what you're looking for here... https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...Bolt+300+Winchester+Magnum+26+3+1+Synthetic+H

Both of mine are Gen1 models, but I'm hoping soon to have a Gen2 to add to the collection.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.