Rem model 700 police MLR in 338 lapua

I spoke to some people at Remington today. Also found some distibuters. The 40xs will likely be avalible at the end of the 1st quarter. The retail price is about 3750 with the dealer cost not much below that. I will be able to get them when they are avalible.
Thanks
T

Found the 700 p in 338 lapua. Cost will be around 1000 + shiping to your ffl. Not forsure when they will get here. I will know more about them later today.

Todd,
Let me know. The other dealer I talked to is in Canada and it might not be very cost effective for me to try and import the gun. If you can get it let me know. Thanks for your help

I called Remington and the guy at the customer service desk couldn't tell me anything about it or even what price it would be. Tried reaching the "LE Customer Service Rep" but keep getting her **** voicemail. Been trying her all week.

Face it, we won't know anything til after the Shot Show in mid-January. Maybe they'll have one on displaay at that point and someone will be able to post pics online.

I think it will be 1st of the year. There is a price on the gun. Remingtons prices will go up 1st of the year. We will have to see. I have located a distibuter. Actually 3 of them. Regulare Remington does not handle it. You have to talk to MIL/Police branch out of NC.

$3750 Cdn/$2000 plus US for an off the shelf Remington, even in 338 lapua!!! AAGH, someone is on crack!

You can build a top custom gun for that and it will shoot rings around a Remington.

Lawton 8000 action (either L or R bolt, either or dual port and .750 bolt diameter) for $795, Broughton 5c barrel $300, Harrels brake $30, Jewell trigger $150 or $75 for tuned Rem, chambering and bedding $300, stock- McM or laminate- finished $500-700. total $2075-2275 and add another $200 for odds and ends for $2275-2475

No comparision in quality.

BH

Hey how you doing hjl? I got some info for you in regards to the REM 700 MLR:

- 26" Heavy Barrel no sights, HS3 B, 1-10 twist
- Comes with muzzle break - (integrated into last 40mm of barrel)
- Sako style hook extractor
- X-Mark Pro trigger
- Detachable Mag, 3 rounds
- HS precision PSV74 stock - (molded alloy bedding)
- 9 #'s Wt.
- $1300.00 CAN. (so like $430.00 US, lol just kidding, some days it feels that way though)
- Honestly you can't go wrong with the already chambered .338 Lapua, ammo is going to be the same, and hand load components will be the same; in comparison to a 30/378 wby. Ballistics are better at a 1000y+ as well.
- I'm not sure about the 7mm Allen Mag's though, I hear their pretty sweet though, all I know is that the .338 Lapua has virtually identical ballistics to the 7mm Allen Mag
- BTW it is also available in a .308 win.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers

Does anyone have this gun?
If so please post a picture of the break integrated on the barrel.
I am trying to get one for a friend of mine.

Cheers,

Master Diver

I hear their pretty sweet though, all I know is that the .338 Lapua has virtually identical ballistics to the 7mm Allen Mag
-

ummmm you might want to run your numbers again. In terms of drop and more importantly windage (which to me is the most important) the 7mm am with the 200gr rbbt or the 180 grain Berger will far out perform any 338 bullet that I know of in the Lapua. I may be wrong. If I am please let me know what bullet and velocities you used to get the 338 Lapua numbers that matched 7mm am.

Paul

My brother has one, the useable barrel length is shorter then listed. His gun shoots very good for a off the shelf gun. I have not shot it personaly but he says the brake works good. He was shooting 240 gr smk out to 500 yards.

Thanks for the information.
Could someone please post a picture of this rifle, especially of the break system.

Cheers,

Master Diver

Here is a photo someone posted on another site.
RemI.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.