• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rem Model 7 350 Rem Mag w/Brake

Thanks for the warning on the retina! I hope yours healed well.

I also have a Model 700 in 375H&H that weighs 7#12ozs without the scope. That's fun also.

My limit is a 3.5" 12 gauge turkey load in my sons 870. I could feel my brain rattle in my skull with that one…. I would only shoot 3 shots, then it's exceeding time!

I too have owned several M600 and M660s two of which were 350 RemMags. They actually weren't that bad to shoot. Heavy but dull recoil. I find almost any .270 is worse as their bite is very sharp. A muzzle brake would be a nice addition though.

I had a Remington model 7 .350 custom KS from the custom shop and I can say with confidence that the stock is a Brown Precision. I had several rifles built by them in the early 80's and also had them change the .350 to an Ackley improved version to play with and I can attest to the recoil. What can I say, back then I was a glutin for for punishment. I worked up a load with a 225gr Nosler partition right at 3000fps in a 20" barrel. It was brutal to work up loads with it off the bench.
By the way, I have since come to my senses and rebarreled it and the original barrel is sitting in my safe if someone is looking to have their neck and shoulder rearranged. 😀

Most interested in determination if the stock has been shortened. Please advise once your gunsmith gets back. Thanks,

Length of pull without the recoil pad is an even 12" and with it is as close to 13 3/8" as we could measure. My gunsmith assisted me with the measurement and he said the muzzle brake just required some gentle coaxing to remove and he put some Never Seize on it when he put it back on and it's just hand tightened now.

As far as I know all issues are solved and all measurements are made now. I'll answer some of the PM's with the same info.

It looks like there are maybe 4 letters in the barrel date stamp. Maybe the original build date and then dated when barrel was put on this action??

It looks like there are maybe 4 letters in the barrel date stamp. Maybe the original build date and then dated when barrel was put on this action??
Probably... There is no way of knowing for sure because the guy I bought it from is long gone and I'd have no way of contacting him.
1722245096652.png

1722245177178.png

The best I can tell by looking very carefully under good light and with a magnifying glass this side looks to have these stamps on it but they're very hard to read.

1722245296886.png

Best I can do... Sorry it's not better. I tried several times to get a good pic of the right side and couldn't get any better than you see here. I'm about 80% confident I got it right in my drawing.

The triangle on the left shows what might me an S or a 5 inside of it.

The G is pretty clear.

In the oval on the right the EP is quite clear but the R is definitely not clear at all.

Last edited:
Length of pull without the recoil pad is an even 12" and with it is as close to 13 3/8" as we could measure. My gunsmith assisted me with the measurement and he said the muzzle brake just required some gentle coaxing to remove and he put some Never Seize on it when he put it back on and it's just hand tightened now.

As far as I know all issues are solved and all measurements are made now. I'll answer some of the PM's with the same info.
That appears to be a 2 inch pad. Who did those measurements? I am thinking the stock was cut or made short

Also this is an after market barrel ? Is that correct ?

I carefully measured the LOP both to the rear of the stock and to the rear of the recoil pad and all I can tell you is those measurements I posted are correct.

I don't know if the stock was cut or not and don't want to remove the recoil pad to check.

If someone has a Brown Precision Model Seven stock maybe they'll measure the LOP to the end of the stock before the pad and let us know what theirs is.

That appears to be a 2 inch pad. Who did those measurements? I am thinking the stock was cut or made short

Also this is an after market barrel ? Is that correct ?
No... It is NOT an after market barrel. It has Remington proof marks on it and as stated before I measured the stock and the recoil pad and put the results in this thread.