Rem 700 rebarrel, Remage

Have you consi

have you considered .257 Weatherby? Just a thought.
Eh, no not really, i know bullet selection has gotten better for the .257 and 277 calibers, but im gonna stick with a 6.5, not mainly because of bullet selection, but my friend has a 6.5-300 WBY and i want to be on par with him. I like competition just a little lol😉
Yep, don't do it, the .257 WBY sucks! My .257 WBY with 1:7" propels the 145 Black Hole at 3100 FPS and the 163 Chinchaga at 2915 FPS with more room to spare. Not too shabby out of a 22" barrel. The 180 Chinchaga is coming out soon.

180 grain in a 257??
Yes!
1723133736734.jpeg

What he ^ said.

What are you wanting to hunt (or shoot) with it? Also, consider barrel availability this time of year may start getting sketchy. It may be fun to build a spicy .270 cal of some flavor (again, depending on what you want to do with it....).

If you reload, it makes a bit of sense to stay in the 7mm bore and chamber choice is all about determining how long you want the barrel to live :).

I went with a 7mm/300 Win mag and it is pretty cool. It's fun to use something no one around has (in my immediate vicinity anyway). With the Remage set up, I can buy another barrel (something .338 RUM like) and have some variety.

I do have a varmint contour Criterion barrel in 7mm Rem Mag, but probably just need to sell it along (maybe 50 rounds through it before deciding to assemble a harder-hitting, lighter hunting rifle). It just sits on my bench all lonely and sad.
Do this 👆 7-300 win mag would be my choice.
If I could find a remage barrel that was 26" that's what I would do

So how many steps necking down and will you have to turn necks? 44 thou or so is a big step down.
I probably wont neck turn at all, i have sized 6.5 Creed Lapua brass down to 22 Creed and i have had 0 problems with the necks. I just sized down 6.5 PRC to 6 PRC also with no problems. I think i should be fine if i were to do a 6.5-300 PRC