Rem 700 rebarrel, Remage

What are you in the mood for?

If you want to stay in the 7mm family, then the 7PRC or one of the Sherman (Mega or Max) would be good.
For 30s the Shermans as well as the 300PRC.
6.5PRC would be another option.
What he ^ said.

What are you wanting to hunt (or shoot) with it? Also, consider barrel availability this time of year may start getting sketchy. It may be fun to build a spicy .270 cal of some flavor (again, depending on what you want to do with it....).

If you reload, it makes a bit of sense to stay in the 7mm bore and chamber choice is all about determining how long you want the barrel to live :).

I went with a 7mm/300 Win mag and it is pretty cool. It's fun to use something no one around has (in my immediate vicinity anyway). With the Remage set up, I can buy another barrel (something .338 RUM like) and have some variety.

I do have a varmint contour Criterion barrel in 7mm Rem Mag, but probably just need to sell it along (maybe 50 rounds through it before deciding to assemble a harder-hitting, lighter hunting rifle). It just sits on my bench all lonely and sad.

If your in the Mood for a Carbon 6.5 prc give me a shout . I have a new 24" carbon barrel with nut , plus brass and 156gr bergers . Oh I have the guages also .
My thoughts were to set it up on a long action and push them 156gr way out !
Just a thought !

I do have a 300 Rum Remage Carbon set up for the 245 gr bergers also , it pushes them 3010 ft.per.sec ... not sure i can let that one go just yet ! It's a Shooter !
But who knows ! 😎😎

Rum Man

Thanks all for the recommendations! I think i figured out what im gonna do. I think i might try out a 6.5-300 PRC. I already have a 7-300 PRC in the works so why not keep the match grade die and just gather a couple more bushings. Having a 300 prc die set already, i would just need to get a bushing die and some stems.

Hi all, i have a remington 700 chambered in 7mm rem mag. Im kinda thinking i want to rebarrel, what would you guys recommend? I would do all the work my own, i have rebarreled plenty of remingtons with a remage barrel before.
Thanks all for the recommendations! I think i figured out what im gonna do. I think i might try out a 6.5-300 PRC. I already have a 7-300 PRC in the works so why not keep the match grade die and just gather a couple more bushings. Having a 300 prc die set already, i would just need to get a bushing die and some stems.
It is hard to provide a sound recommendation without knowing what you already have in your inventory, your personal preferences, your intended purpose, or if there is a gap you are trying to fill. Good luck!

It is hard to provide a sound recommendation without knowing what you already have in your inventory, your personal preferences, your intended purpose, or if there is a gap you are trying to fill. Good luck!
See thats why i ask for recommendations, maybe someone can spark an idea for me. Luckily an idea came through.

Have you consi
Hi all, i have a remington 700 chambered in 7mm rem mag. Im kinda thinking i want to rebarrel, what would you guys recommend? I would do all the work my own, i have rebarreled plenty of remingtons with a remage barrel before.
have you considered .257 Weatherby? Just a thought.

You gonna love the hot 6.5 . For Me, my 6.5x300 weatherby is my favorite rifle so far. Still working on load development but I am at 3250 with 153.5 BERGERS and zero pressure. It's just too hot out to shoot so another month and I'll be back working her up.

You'll love that hot 6.5

One thing about it with a hot 6.5 you will get to make another choice in 8-900 rounds lol.
Which for me is or would be 4 or 5 life times. If anyone treats a hot 6.5 like my 6.5x300 like a PRS rifle it's probably less. But it's a hunting killer first rate killer.
It would be dumb to put 100 hundred rounds a year down it . Find your load and go hunt. After season go clean her up and put her away. It's a killing machine extraordinaire. Go shoot your 06 308 708 for fun and practice. The big girl just eats. A few shots to verify and go hunt. That's how my 6.5x300 is treated

Have you consi

have you considered .257 Weatherby? Just a thought.
Eh, no not really, i know bullet selection has gotten better for the .257 and 277 calibers, but im gonna stick with a 6.5, not mainly because of bullet selection, but my friend has a 6.5-300 WBY and i want to be on par with him. I like competition just a little lol😉