Rem 700 Alpha 1?

I saw some Alpha 1's on the shelf at RifleGear in The Colony, TX. They look great. They use an AG Composites stock called "The Sportsman", which is like the Carbon All Terrain but without the cheek weld.

Ron Spomer thinks very highly of it. He says it's got much tighter tolerances and better materials:

Saw one on the rack at the store about 2 months ago. Picked it up and looked it over, went to cycle the bolt and while lifting the bolt out of battery I noticed it was very stiff? Pulled the bolt back and you could see gouge on the right lug where I assume the action screw was protruding through the bottom and contacting the lug.

I then set it down and forgot about Remington. Went back to looking at Winchester, tikka, kimber, and CZ rifles.

Saw one on the rack at the store about 2 months ago. Picked it up and looked it over, went to cycle the bolt and while lifting the bolt out of battery I noticed it was very stiff? Pulled the bolt back and you could see gouge on the right lug where I assume the action screw was protruding through the bottom and contacting the lug.

I then set it down and forgot about Remington. Went back to looking at Winchester, tikka, kimber, and CZ rifles.
If they cannot even perform a simple functional check, the term "got a minute?" applies here.