Reloder 26 270 win eldx/ sierra

One note with RE26 in my experience. I live in FL and it reacts about the same regarding velocity up to about 85 degrees. Above that, it does seem to have some temperature sensitivity. I saw 40-50 FPS increase at 95 degrees. 50-85 degrees it was about the same.

If you didn't play with seating depth, you may want to take a run at that with one of the higher end loads. That can make a very nice improvement if you find the sweet spot.

I loaded all loads 20 thou off and shot them. I'll have to play with it some more through the summer. I had some 130 game Kings loaded for a ruger 77 with 4064. I used them to break it in and it shot 12 shots into 1 ragged hole so I know it has potential just have to fool with it till I get it dialed in. It's my first custom and pretty excited about the whole process.

I have an older Winchester 70 feather weight stainless and it would not shoot 140's or 145's worth a nickel but 130's with Re 22 shot the same hole and about the same with 150's Interbond but I don't think Hornady makes 150 gr ELDX right now.
If I really wanted to shoot 140's or 145's I would do as mentioned and load closer to lands and grooves.
Seat 3 at 10 thousandths then 3 at 15 thousandths and see how it shoots.
You might do better with a different bullet maker too.I shot Barnes 140 and got the best groups for that weight.
I have killed Mule deer in excess of 500 yards with a 130 gr interbond and feel like the (they don't make the interbond anymore)130 gr GMX would be just about as good.
If you can get some Hammers and try them as I have only heard great things about those Hammer bullets.
Old Rooster

I loaded all loads 20 thou off and shot them. I'll have to play with it some more through the summer. I had some 130 game Kings loaded for a ruger 77 with 4064. I used them to break it in and it shot 12 shots into 1 ragged hole so I know it has potential just have to fool with it till I get it dialed in. It's my first custom and pretty excited about the whole process.
Highvoltage, when I worked up a load for my 6.5-284 Norma with Rel 26 and the 130 gr Sierra GC I initially seated the bullets to 20 thou off the lands. My best load was shooting 3 shot groups at around 0.48 MOA @ 100. Then I tried them seated at 30 thou off and my groups shrank down to .221 MOA. It maybe worth your while trying them seated a bit deeper.

Thank you guys for all the advice! Like mentioned before it may be a seating depth issue that I'm dealing with. That's good to know the eldx shot well with a little more jump. I'll try some different depths next trip out. Once again thanks

20190111_124946-jpg.132090

This was shot after getting my drops I had a mil of right wind in the scope from the drops I didn't remember before starting to shoot this 100yd group. It's sighted in for 200yds which is 1 3/4" high at 100. This is the game changer at 3140. ES of 3 over 5 shots. This and 130's both shoot at 3140 in my rifle a stock vangard. I can push both much harder but it doesn't have the consistency with sd and the group grows quicker I assume to the extra barrel heat.
One thing I've seen in a few calibers with RL26 some will be all over and then when you hit the node everything is great sd, speed, and group at both zero and distance.
I switched from 215m's to 91/2m's and my sd shrunk along with the group size. They are smaller diameter primers and will lossen up in the pockets quicker than CCI's or fed's but they tend to shoot very well in fed brass. Winny brass is a bit larger volume and the load is .8 heavier to get to the same speed but it wouldn't tighten up like fed and rem brass did for me.
I'm seated way long also with the boat tail in the neck a bit. This was to get to .25 off in my rifle.
61.3 RL26 turned necks .002 tension once fired. I think it's .015 on the necks but I'd have to go look to be sure

That's a good load, almost makes the wsm obsolete. I've been using Winchester brass and 210 match primers. The brass is new. I've shot 26 in my creed and love it. The 143 eldx goes 2985 from a 24" barrel and half minute accuracy (factory savage Fcp-sr) I'm hoping it will work in the 270 because it's fast.

That's a good load, almost makes the wsm obsolete. I've been using Winchester brass and 210 match primers. The brass is new. I've shot 26 in my creed and love it. The 143 eldx goes 2985 from a 24" barrel and half minute accuracy (factory savage Fcp-sr) I'm hoping it will work in the 270 because it's fast.
The slow powder will tighten up ES with a mag primer in this case. My crred load with 26 was 2830-55 depending on which case firing number it was with the 147 with peterson brass. I have a 5shot 5/8" group on my phone I shot at 300yds with another savage 10T The cold bore was the only only out of the .2 hole. Bought a powerball ticket that day:D