Reloading bundle!?

FishxHunter

Hi There

Just I want to start reloading 12g and for my rifle(.300wsm) but don't know what to get or which bundle is good for that has all tool in it, I appreciate any comments.

You will need two different type press set ups to load shotgun and metallic ammo.
MEC 600 JR press for shotgun loading. RCBS or LYMAN or HORNADY makes some good packages for metallic ammo loading. I would stay clear of Lee kits. First thing you need to do is purchase a Lyman Reloading Handbook and read the lessons on how to actually reload metallic ammo. You can also go to You tube on the net and do a search and see video on how to load for both shotgun and metallic ammo.
I have been loading ammo for both shotgun and metallic ammo for 35 years.

Go to the Defensive Edge web site and get Shawn's DVD, Reloading for Long Range Hunting. This has a lot of great fifle reloading information. It will get you going in the right direction.

geo, the Rock Chucker has the most useful components with it.

Last edited:
12ga and cartridge reloading have about zero overlap in gear. You will need two completely different sets of gear.

Personally, I recommend you research what you will need and by the items individually. My experience with kits is that they will have some items you don't need, and others you will decide are crap and you want to replace in short order. Better to use the kit list as a guide and buy the right stuff the first time.

You will need two different type press set ups to load shotgun and metallic ammo.
MEC 600 JR press for shotgun loading. RCBS or LYMAN or HORNADY makes some good packages for metallic ammo loading. I would stay clear of Lee kits. First thing you need to do is purchase a Lyman Reloading Handbook and read the lessons on how to actually reload metallic ammo. You can also go to You tube on the net and do a search and see video on how to load for both shotgun and metallic ammo.
I have been loading ammo for both shotgun and metallic ammo for 35 years.
Thank you for info.

12ga and cartridge reloading have about zero overlap in gear. You will need two completely different sets of gear.

Personally, I recommend you research what you will need and by the items individually. My experience with kits is that they will have some items you don't need, and others you will decide are crap and you want to replace in short order. Better to use the kit list as a guide and buy the right stuff the first time.

+1. my advice is don't skimp on equipment, especially scales. be patient and do you're research......E

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts