Reloader 26 in 6.5 creedmoor

So I'm hitting the 2980-2990 with my 260 Rem and a 27" barrel w/ H4350. So if R26 nets you an additional 150-200 FPS as someone claimed on here that would put my 260 Rem in the record books at 3150 ish FPS. The 260 Terminator actually using R26 cant even do that with the exact same 27" Krieger barrel I have.

I know. Yet there is still people posting the 3000 FPS mark with a 6.5CM and the 6.5 PRC can barely achieve those numbers. With a 140 - 147 grain bullet from a 26" Barrel. For all the new reloader's, be cautious where you get your reloading date from. Buy you a good reloading book, such as Hornady, Berger, there are others to choose from as well. Those two are pretty good. Do your homework. All ways start with a low charge to be on the safe side. Your books will give you some pretty good pics of what to look for if you load to hot. How to look for Pressure Sign's. Good luck everyone.
Here you go, straight from Berger with a 135gr in a 24". 26" will net you another 50fps.
Screenshot_20221012-172434_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

I know. Yet there is still people posting the 3000 FPS mark with a 6.5CM and the 6.5 PRC can barely achieve those numbers. With a 140 - 147 grain bullet from a 26" Barrel. For all the new reloader's, be cautious where you get your reloading date from. Buy you a good reloading book, such as Hornady, Berger, there are others to choose from as well. Those two are pretty good. Do your homework. All ways start with a low charge to be on the safe side. Your books will give you some pretty good pics of what to look for if you load to hot. How to look for Pressure Sign's. Good luck everyone.
RL-26 will get you close to 3200 fps with a 140gr bullet out of a 6.5PRC. I don't know where do you get your numbers but Hornady reloading manual says you'll get 3150fps from a 24" barrel using 57.0Gr of RL-26. 140 Bergers tend to be a little faster and reloading manuals tend to stay on the safer side. Maybe you're the one that hasn't made your homework.
8B401CC5-0A3F-449D-A827-7256A2272B4F_1_102_o.jpeg

I have both and wish I would of got with Rick and got a fast compact 6.5 that does what I want. Lmao

So I'm hitting the 2980-2990 with my 260 Rem and a 27" barrel w/ H4350. So if R26 nets you an additional 150-200 FPS as someone claimed on here that would put my 260 Rem in the record books at 3150 ish FPS. The 260 Terminator actually using R26 cant even do that with the exact same 27" Krieger barrel I have.

Here you go, straight from Berger with a 135gr in a 24". 26" will net you another 50fps.
View attachment 401140

RL-26 will get you close to 3200 fps with a 140gr bullet out of a 6.5PRC. I don't know where do you get your numbers but Hornady reloading manual says you'll get 3150fps from a 24" barrel using 57.0Gr of RL-26. 140 Bergers tend to be a little faster and reloading manuals tend to stay on the safer side. Maybe you're the one that hasn't made your homework.View attachment 401158
Lol gotta love when someone asks for proof, and infers that everyone else is being unsafe and unrealistic, then everyone provides proof of exactly what they said wasn't possible and was unsafe.

Lol gotta love when someone asks for proof, and infers that everyone else is being unsafe and unrealistic, then everyone provides proof of exactly what they said wasn't possible and was unsafe.
So you're saying Hornady manual is unsafe to use??

i will, it says you can use x amount of H-1000 in a 243 Winchester with a 95 sst and be safe. Beating the bolt open and primers falling out of case isn't safe. Reduce load and work up Slowly makes for safe reloading.

For real. And especially getting near 3000 fps with a 140 in a 260 without rl-26 lol

Last edited:
For real. And especially getting near 3000 fps with a 140 in a 260 without rl-26 lol
At least if he was using RL26 he wouldn't be running way over pressure like he is with the H4350. With the info given he is running a bit over 70,000 psi with the H4350 load. I had to chuckle because he is talking about people with the 6.5 CM using RL26 shooting 2900 to 3000 fps and saying they are using dangerous loads. When in fact that is what he is doing with the H4350 out of his 260 Remington with the 27" barrel.
If he switched to the RL26 he could get a bit over 3000 fps and still be within 260 Rem pressures. The problem is he thinks because he is not seeing pressure signs he is fine but most pressure signs we look for does not rear it's ugly head until we get a little over the 70,000 psi mark, and with the action set up well with good brass it may take more pressure. Most modern rifle can handle that pressure without a major problem, it is just there is no buffer for things like fouled barrels, extreme hot or cold a bullet getting jammed a bit to deep causing initial pressure to spike. A catastrophic failure is just waiting to happen.

At least if he was using RL26 he wouldn't be running way over pressure like he is with the H4350. With the info given he is running a bit over 70,000 psi with the H4350 load. I had to chuckle because he is talking about people with the 6.5 CM using RL26 shooting 2900 to 3000 fps and saying they are using dangerous loads. When in fact that is what he is doing with the H4350 out of his 260 Remington with the 27" barrel.
If he switched to the RL26 he could get a bit over 3000 fps and still be within 260 Rem pressures. The problem is he thinks because he is not seeing pressure signs he is fine but most pressure signs we look for does not rear it's ugly head until we get a little over the 70,000 psi mark, and with the action set up well with good brass it may take more pressure. Most modern rifle can handle that pressure without a major problem, it is just there is no buffer for things like fouled barrels, extreme hot or cold a bullet getting jammed a bit to deep causing initial pressure to spike. A catastrophic failure is just waiting to happen.
Id like to know how many firings he gets on his brass with that load. That's spicy as heck. He talked about using load manuals so I want to see a 260 load in a manual that pushes a 140 @ just under 3000 fps with H4350.

I usually back a full grain off when I see pressure. I used to play that game but not anymore. It caused more problems then what it was worth. I've been much happier shooting milder loads that are really consistent

Id like to know how many firings he gets on his brass with that load. That's spicy as heck. He talked about using load manuals so I want to see a 260 load in a manual that pushes a 140 @ just under 3000 fps with H4350.

I usually back a full grain off when I see pressure. I used to play that game but not anymore. It caused more problems then what it was worth. I've been much happier shooting milder loads that are really consistent
I have a light load with H4350 I use with 143 ELD-X bullets. It shoots great,. When I was working up a load for a Thompson Center Compass 2 with a short 21.65" barrel. It only gets 2600 fps but while working up the load had 3 loads that progressed in 2/10 grains the - 3 shot groups all hit the same point of impact and measured less than 3/8" CTC so I used the middle load.
The load I worked up with RL26 was 100 fps faster but was only 5/8" to 3/4" CTC , would it had made any difference at 100 yards on a Whitetail? No not at all but I could not help but use the H4350 load in case I needed to shoot a field mouse at a 100.
I use the same load with 3 other short barrel 6.5 CM woods guns, one is a savage 110C that used to be a 7mm Rem Mag I put on 22" take off barrel, one is a 18" barrel I cut down from a 20" light weight savage takeoff and the last is a Savage Lady Hunter with a 20" barrel I got off a member here, the Lady Hunter shoots great and is a beautiful rifle. I put a slip on pad that extended the stock another inch and even though it is still a bit short on LOP I am going to use it this year hunting.
The other 3 including the TC are for my grandchildren to use.

You look at quickload. Yeah I know but it's been real close for me. At the same pressure at max load roughly 63900 R 26 is 189 fps faster. If your getting 3000 fps with a 140 and H4350 with a 26 or less barrel you are way over pressure.

Reading this gets me to thinking. I have a savage 26 Creed. Any where of the 47.5 to 48.5 speed charge would be fine for me. Actually about the 2800 to 2850 would be smoking if it's able to produce that with a 140 Berger, 142ABLR, or a 143ELDX would make it a really good mid long range deer/antelope killer. Right bullets it would put down some elk also. But I have bigger boom sticks for that.