Recommended Snake-proof boots

I'm a land surveyor in East Texas. I wear snake boots all day long for 8 months a year. I've tried them all. I haven't found a pair yet that last a full year, so I generally buy the cheap Rocky's. They are ok for comfort. If I was gonna just have a pair for part time, it would be these:

After reading all these posts I was looking at the Chippewas but having large calves it's a deal breaker. If you have large calves get the Irish Setters Vapor trail. The advantage of the lace up boot is when you are hiking up a steep hill your foot will not be sliding around in a boot. The traction is very good also. If you're just walking around on trails I'm sure the slip on boot will work. The only downside of these boots is trying to take them off. Just sit down on a chair or tailgate.
Jason

Ain't fraid of no snakes

Attachments

• 0e07e1749c6b54c31c611260bb739aaa-2181901394.png
    0e07e1749c6b54c31c611260bb739aaa-2181901394.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
I bought a pair of the Danner snake boots during their Black Friday sale, coming up soon, last year. They were comfortable right out of the box for me. So far I really like them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241010_070552_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241010_070552_Chrome.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 4
I tried a pair of snake boots once, good boots comfortable but I hated them. I have never purchased another pair. They are simply too hot for me to wear. I could pour perspiration out of them when I took them off and then wring more out of my socks. I live in Ga, and those type boots are not made for hot weather IMO. And in all my years of tromping the woods, I've never been snakebit and chances are you won't be either.