rechamber a thompson center dimension barrel 6.5 creedmoore to 6.5 prc

tjroberts

I was curious if anybody as any knowledge about reaming Thompson Center Dimension barrels
I was wanting to ream my 6.5 creedmoore barrel to a 6.5 prc, any thoughts

Couple of thoughts to consider:
1 - bolt face different diameters
2 - The COAL of the 6.5 PRC is 2.95 which is longer than the 6.5 CM so you will run into length issues with the DBM.

if you had a 300WM Dimension then you would be in business since bolt face would likely work and you would have all the COAL room you needed.

Couple of thoughts to consider:
1 - bolt face different diameters
2 - The COAL of the 6.5 PRC is 2.95 which is longer than the 6.5 CM so you will run into length issues with the DBM.

if you had a 300WM Dimension then you would be in business since bolt face would likely work and you would have all the COAL room you needed.

The nice thing about the dimension is it has interchangeable bolts and mags. I am pretty sure there is a bolt that will work with the PRC case

The real question is do you have sufficient room in the DBM for the 6.5 PRC that needs 2.95 at a MINIMUM for factory and if you reload it will be longer. If the receiver is the 6.5 CM then not likely have room. If you have the magnum receiver then you are ready to go for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.