Reasonable bipod

I don't think that the Magpul bipod can be beat for a low priced, sturdy, basic bipod. Do not buy one expecting that you're getting an F-Class contestant because you will be sorely disappointed, but for a simple, basic bi-pod I'll take one of them over a Harris.

Hard to beat a Harris for the money anymore. Tried and true easy to adjust. Never had any problem with them. Outside of that you could try an Atlas should come in under 300. More stable, doesn't have the the play that a Harris has. I'm sure there is a lot more out there under 200 bucks or cheaper, just never used anything else.
If your Harris bi-pod has any play, then it is not setup correctly. I have at least 6 of them and they are ALL rock solid.

I used to not believe in the more expensive bipods, ran caldwells and knock off atlas. I had good luck with them and believe for once a year hunting only purpose they serve the purpose. I recently started shooting a couple matches and bought an accutac, ckye pod and grnd pod.
There is definitely something to be said for the higher end stuff.

The accutac is absolutely rock solid, can't be beat in that regard, I use this one for ELR shooting.
The adjustability and versatility of the ckye pod is top notch and comes in handy during weird situations.
The GRND pod is definitely a good bipod for the price, decent adjustability and fairly sturdy. I had planned on using this for a hunting bipod but might step into a ckye pod lightweight for the added adjustability.

While I have been quite successful over the years with the Harris, I really like the Evolution bipod, with the easily interchangeable/compact/packable legs that work superbly for sitting shots….Providing solid support for 90+% of my LRH encounters. I think this set-up is well worth the investment…IMO

The new MDT bipod is pretty solid for about $200. Once you've tried one of the more expensive bipods, there is no going back.

Been using Harris for decades, they're great and have great customer service. I broke a spring on one of mine that I had been using for about 10 years, a call to them, and they said they would send me the spring no charge. I told them that I just got home from having open heart surgery, they said send it to them and they would replace it for me, there and back to me in less than a week. Of course this was when the mail was moving normally. I've shot a lot of game using them. Many many many groundhogs out to 600 yds a Muley buck that just missed B&C because I waited too long to have it scored, and an Antelope at 650 on the rangefinder. I think that's pretty good performance from a piece of equipment.

Please note that just because the Caldwell is a knock off does not mean its in the same class. I have used Harris for years. A few years back, I purchased a couple caldwells to try for a less expensive option. They is no comparison between the two. I still prefer the Harris over the others.

Please note that just because the Caldwell is a knock off does not mean its in the same class. I have used Harris for years. A few years back, I purchased a couple caldwells to try for a less expensive option. They is no comparison between the two. I still prefer the Harris over the others.
Agreed. The Caldwell is a CHEAP knock-off. Also, if you purchase your "Harris" Bipod from some sellers on eBay, they are NOT true Harris's.