RCBS MatchMaster

I think I'd wait a year for any problems with it to crop-up. Who knows? It might have wandering problems or overcharge problems. $900 is a lot of scratch to lay down on a new product. I'd have to add $63.83 in sales tax if I imported one into Nevada. Sure, they tested it. But did they have tens of thousands of users testing it with all manner of degrees of TLC? Most likely not. I'd wait and see how it pans-out...

idcwby I think you should get one and test it for all of us. If it is as good as is claimed it would be unbeatable for this kind of machine. It is just tough to be the first to test a new product of this cost.

idcwby I think you should get one and test it for all of us. If it is as good as is claimed it would be unbeatable for this kind of machine. It is just tough to be the first to test a new product of this cost.

I wish I had that kind of money to waste. ;) For a few bucks more you can get the A&D scales and something that is proven. The other thing I noticed on it it looks like it dumps the powder out the bottom, which means your going to have move it every time to change powder. It'll be interesting if any of the gun mags give it a try.

idcwby

Like the one guy said above I wouldn't touch it for at least another 6 months. I suspect the price will come down too because not everyone is going to pay $900 for a powder scale. As with any type of new electronics, I guarantee there will be issues with the first ones out. Wait it out a bit before purchasing.

I agree on waiting and cost is way too high. I just bought my first chargemaster and cried about that, lol. Guess you gotta pay to play!

If I'm spending that kind of money I'm getting an A&D scale with the auto trickler for $750. I'll throw my charges with my Redding BR3 or just spend $1400 and get the scale, auto trickler and auto throw. But for now my Bald Eagle scale, Redding BR3, and Frankfort arsenal manual trickler works fine by me. I only load at the most 100 rounds in one sitting, so for me I don't mind if it takes an extra 30 mins. I also know how accurate and consistent this is for me, so I don't know if I'd have complete faith in the RCBS Match Master.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts