Ramshot Grand 300 WM = Velocity!

I ran 2945-2950 with N568 at 80grs, fed 215 and ADG brass, 200gr accubond but with a 25.5"
Gun has a long throat.

All I heard was how slow it was… not what I found but it was stable and consistent.
Was that a compressed load?

If it was it was barely compressed.
Thats before I started going over .002 neck tension and I know I didn't have problems with seating length/consistency

3 shots is a pretty small sampling. If your Garman was set up a little different,it could account for that much difference.
Not trying to derail but I thought that garmin thing was the greatest thing since the invention of gunpowder?

OP this would make me scratch my head too. This seems like my kinda load development luck haha. I'm interested in your results. As of now I have a 22" 300wm that is doing 50-75fps faster than the your findings but with H1k.

On paper, and published data it looks good. Maybe better for magnum type cartridges that run out of case capacity with h1000 or retumbo like the 6.5 prc? I think I will take the wait and see approach. Of course if it turns out to be a great powder it will probably get hard to find.

Not trying to derail but I thought that garmin thing was the greatest thing since the invention of gunpowder?

OP this would make me scratch my head too. This seems like my kinda load development luck haha. I'm interested in your results. As of now I have a 22" 300wm that is doing 50-75fps faster than the your findings but with H1k.
The xero is pretty grear,but like the labradar it uses dopplar radar to measure velocity. So when set up ,unless mounted to the object firing the projectile, the projectile is moving away from the xero at an angle. If that angle changes it will affect the reading.

A 25 FPS change is A very small change percentage wise. Less than 1% at the velocity he is shooting. I think thet moving the xero a few inches could cause that change. 1% isn't really that great of an error. It could be eliminated by marking a spot on the bench for the xero and a spot for the bipod/ rest. Still less set up time than a conventional coronagraph.

IMG_7803.jpeg
Am I the only one that noticed this?

What did it do on paper this time?

Recent Posts