Questions about getting one

fire814

Thinking about first one questions.
1. Can a 13 yo be put in a trust with me? He will end up with it in a few years.
2. Looking for a good light wt rifle to put it on, suggestions? Probably a 7mm08 since that is what he has now in a youth Ruger and we have some factory ammo and reloading dies for it. ( possibly Ruger GoWild 6.6lbs with factory brake)

3. Best place to order and type of suppressor ?

#1, he can be put on trust as a beneficiary- but while under age he can't be in possession of it when you aren't with him

All "responsible parties" of a trust must be background checked and finger printed now -- therefore since he wouldn't pass the bgc due to his age he can't be a "responsible party"--- yet---- trusts can be changed In the future (as long as its not an irrevocable trust)

Thinking about first one questions.
1. Can a 13 yo be put in a trust with me? He will end up with it in a few years.
2. Looking for a good light wt rifle to put it on, suggestions? Probably a 7mm08 since that is what he has now in a youth Ruger and we have some factory ammo and reloading dies for it. ( possibly Ruger GoWild 6.6lbs with factory brake)

I believe he can be a beneficiary, but not a trustee. In the event he would take possession of trust items, he would have to become a "responsible person" as would a trustee. I think I got this right but others can correct if not.

Just picked up a Ruger Go Wild compact in .243 for my daughter. Nice 16" threaded heavy barrel. She hunts with me and with a can.

Silencer Shop, makes every thing very easy for you. Order from them and select a local dealer with a kiosk and the entire process is very simple:

Best type depends, I'm partial to SilencerCo and TBAC. A SiCo Omega 300 or Harvester 30 is a solid first can to buy, but really everything they sell is good stuff, they don't stock garbage.
I have two Kimber 84Ms in 7-08 that are great - small, lightweight, and should be able to get threaded if I sent them to get done. Nice little rifles if you can find a used one.

Last edited:

Buy one and have it shipped to your local dealer that can handle all the application process for you.

A very reputable and knowledgeable GS and friend
(LPR) I trust recommended the Ultra 7.
Ditto on the recommendation and also the specs. TBAC is the top in my opinion. I've got 3 and see no reason to change. There are many other brands that are good as well. Lane Silencers are another to look at http://lane-products.com/. I've sold a few and they same well made and also come with a nice pouch/case.

On hold for 20 mins at silencer shop. Gave up for now.
How did you guys decide on the ultra 7?
They are severely understaffed and are trying to keep up with the flood of paperwork that has been coming in since about Feb of 22. If you can't get in touch with them you can look at their website and find their dealers close to you and you can talk to those guys in the shop as well. They can help you with the process from start to finish also.

They are severely understaffed and are trying to keep up with the flood of paperwork that has been coming in since about Feb of 22. If you can't get in touch with them you can look at their website and find their dealers close to you and you can talk to those guys in the shop as well. They can help you with the process from start to finish also.
X2. Silencer Shop basically does an online sales transcation for the can they list as in-stock, and the rest is done via the local dealer you choose when you order.