Pulling my hair out for gloves

So I was out in colder than expected conditions over the weekend. 26 when we got out of the truck and I don't think it was ever warmer than 50 in full sun while we were up high. Windy on the west side of the ridge, fairly comfortable on the east.

I had the carhart dex ii gloves, too thin and not at all wind resistant. They will be going in the tool box, not worth carrying.

I got a pair from amazon, Kim Yuan, for $15. They are "thinsulate" lined. They are very comfortable and quite warm. Only two days but they are nice. They do hold water but never got wet through.

I also ordered the give-r gloves. They actually bead water. The fingers are a little long, but I have short, fat, broken fingers so I am used to that. I like them a lot, feel much more rugged than the others. I did not get them until today so they will hunt with me this weekend.

How does their sizing run? Accurate? What model/type did you order?

Anybody have something they like? Definitely not looking to spend $130 for something like kuiu guide gloves.[/QUOTE]

Kuiu guide gloves are GREAT. And are $69 bucks. Leather palms are terrific.

How does their sizing run? Accurate? What model/type did you order?

I ordered the original give-r. My palm measured 7.75" so I ordered the mediums. They feel like they are too big, my fingers do not make it to the end of the gloves and there is a little room in the palm. I may try to exchange them for smalls. Or I may just buy a pair of smalls and hold onto these for a Christmas present.

I ordered the original give-r. My palm measured 7.75" so I ordered the mediums. They feel like they are too big, my fingers do not make it to the end of the gloves and there is a little room in the palm. I may try to exchange them for smalls. Or I may just buy a pair of smalls and hold onto these for a Christmas present.

Thank you for responding.

I have a pair of gloves from Black Diamond that were under $100 and have great dexterity. I got them for ice climbing. What kept the price down was they didn't have Gore Tex but they also weren't completely waterproof...

Try crabbing gloves. There was a just a thread on this within the last week or two talking about seal skinz that had a good link. They cost about 15.00 a pair and are tough as nails, warm and dry. I have plenty of dexterity with them too. They don't look like they'd be easy to shoot with but they are. A fashion statement they aren't but they are warm and dry!! Most pairs are orange, bright blue or green.

Keep and eye out for kuiu having sales they have good sales around Black Friday. I have a pair of the pros and like them got them 50 off.

Cabelas used to make leather gloves, thinsulate lined, and sell them for $59.99. They were not waterproof but were good enough that my hands stayed mostly dry over the course of a day. I can't find a thing close!

I don't need -20 gloves but I need them to have good palms for crawling around and water proof enough they don't get drenched if I put my hand in a wet spot. I prefer leather because the majority of the cold comes from wind.

Anybody have something they like? Definitely not looking to spend $130 for something like kuiu guide gloves.

Look at Kinco, they make leather work gloves that can be waterproofed. Many ski patrol use them because of their cost and durability.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.