Premium 22LR Rifles

I have a Jw15 Norinco. Made it China. I believe it was a knock off of the Bruno. And it is quite the shooter for a cheap knock off. If I could lighten up the trigger I believe it would be outstanding.
I have a couple of those rifles and they do shoot very well

The Jian Wei 15 is a copy of the Brno Model 1. I suggest that you go to Rimfire Central for the most detailed information. First step in sorting out the trigger pull is reportedly to degrease the trigger because the grease can hide a small adjustment screw. Caution is required and you should always carry out a rigorous cocking test after any modification or adjustment.
Yeah I been there on that site. And a few other sites looking for options on the trigger and safety adjustment. I also was considering bedding the stock. Then I was reading about pressure points on the barrels for a 22 LR. I know for sure the barrel isn't free floating. So do you think I should give it a go and free float the barrel and bedd the stock ? Or just work the trigger ? Decisions decisions decisions. Lol

Yeah I been there on that site. And a few other sites looking for options on the trigger and safety adjustment. I also was considering bedding the stock. Then I was reading about pressure points on the barrels for a 22 LR. I know for sure the barrel isn't free floating. So do you think I should give it a go and free float the barrel and bedd the stock ? Or just work the trigger ? Decisions decisions decisions. Lol

Well.. if you free float and accuracy doesn't improve, you can simply put a small strip of tire inner tube order the barrel. It then puts pressure back on the barrel AND gives you the option of where the pressure is and by how much.

Well.. if you free float and accuracy doesn't improve, you can simply put a small strip of tire inner tube order the barrel. It then puts pressure back on the barrel AND gives you the option of where the pressure is and by how much.
I believe since I will be using the same stock. I will pay real close attention to where the pressure point is when I take it out of the stock just in case.

Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a really nice 22LR rifle in the future. My budget is preferably $1500 and under. Since building custom rifles for myself, I've had the urge to buy a high quality 22LR. My Uncle has a Kimber 82 with a fluted barrel and beautiful walnut stock and that rifle is what got me wanting a nice rimfire for myself. Having said that, it doesn't seem that Kimber makes their rimfire rifles anymore and the same with Ruger's 77/22, that I also like. I don't know much about rimfires and if the Kimbers and 77/22 Rugers were accurate and reliable. For those with experience owning, shooting, and handling the Kimber 82s and Ruger 77/22s give me your thoughts and opinions on those rifles please. Also, what other premium rimfires would you recommend in my price range? I see that Cooper makes a beautiful 22LR, but the price tag is a little more than I'd like to spend on a rimfire, but other than Cooper, I don't see many classic, higher end rimfires currently available. Thank you!
They probably are not as fancy as you want but I have a CZ 451 and it is a tack driver at 50 yds with ammo it likes and it has a nice Turkish walnut stock and a bonus is it's a switch barrel! I also have a 17 HMR barrel for mine and I can switch them without resighting!
Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a really nice 22LR rifle in the future. My budget is preferably $1500 and under. Since building custom rifles for myself, I've had the urge to buy a high quality 22LR. My Uncle has a Kimber 82 with a fluted barrel and beautiful walnut stock and that rifle is what got me wanting a nice rimfire for myself. Having said that, it doesn't seem that Kimber makes their rimfire rifles anymore and the same with Ruger's 77/22, that I also like. I don't know much about rimfires and if the Kimbers and 77/22 Rugers were accurate and reliable. For those with experience owning, shooting, and handling the Kimber 82s and Ruger 77/22s give me your thoughts and opinions on those rifles please. Also, what other premium rimfires would you recommend in my price range? I see that Cooper makes a beautiful 22LR, but the price tag is a little more than I'd like to spend on a rimfire, but other than Cooper, I don't see many classic, higher end rimfires currently available. Thank you!

Free float initially. I have never heard of any issues with free floating that barrel here in NZ. The Model 1 has a lighter weight barrel than the Model 2, which was developed as a better solution for the Egyptian Army after issues, primarily due to tight tolerances, reportedly came up during recruit training. The Model 5, incidentally, appears to have used up surplus Model 1 barrels BUT with a nicer backsight, if I recall correctly.
Have fun. I once saw my then hunting partner neck-shoot a possum in a tree from approximately 30 metres whilst standing, with an open-sighted JW15, relying upon moonlight and a spotlight held by another member of our shooting party.
These rifles will shoot!

A little update on the m77 and the lilja barrel I put on it. I've got it shooting with Tenex ammo. Not bad for a Ruger action. I think I call it my "Kiddy BooVoo Shoot A Lot" custom or course.
50 yards 10 shot groups.
3 MPH wind
IMG_3085.jpeg

No wind finally at dark. Shot several .5" or less groups in the wind but at dark it laid.
IMG_3088.jpeg

I'm still searching for 22LR bolt rifle. I handled the Bergara BXR and a Tikka T1X MTR today. The Bergara's action was less than smooth compared to the Tikka. I can't find a CZ 457 to handle. I almost ordered the CZ 457 threaded 20" inch, but sure would like to handle it before placing the order. The old Ruger will have to wait for a buddy for a little while.