Precision Hunter

Shane Lindsey

Had some gift cards so thought I would pick up some Precision Hunter and Match for the 6.5 PRC. Mind you, I have not purchased factory other than pistol, 5.56, and .22 in some time.

Wanted to measure and see what they load these if they shot well in order to duplicate.

These are my results after measuring. Same box. Is this the norm? Are these bullets pretty forgiving WRT seating depth?

IMG_5751.jpeg

Following. I haven't bought factory ammo (other than pistol) in years. I guess +/- .002-.003 isn't bad for high volume production. Being SAAMI spec, I'm sure there is plenty of distance to the lands so it won't affect pressures/velocities.

Looks like a a very good Bell-shaped curve...

1727960067327.png

Depending on the quality of the rifle and the ability of the shooter, this might be just fine.

:)

Yes. There was a thread on here about that funky Hornady ring on the case head. These all have it and they seem to slightly "crush" after firing.

IMG_6038.jpeg

I have not. When that thread about it was going on, I believe someone reached out to them and it was stated that Hornday did not care about reloading their factory brass. If I remember right, they also had given a few different reasons for what the "ring" was. "new" pressure technology, mistake in dies, etc. I chalked it up to not really knowing the reason and unable to provide any.

This was before I actually had this ammo/rifle. I don't usually use factory, but had some gift cards and just wanted to get this rifle on paper. I have since shelfed this ammo and will use it in a pinch.

Hard to see how anything even similar could have precision written on the box.

Doesn't mean that it's true. There are no rules in advertising anymore, lies are prevalent in all forms. Just listen to Kamala, there's the proof! Her writers know no bounds to the lies she mouths.

:(