Powder choice, bullet, and group size.

No I didn't. With the mag length limit I just set it to 2.800. I guess for info sake I need to see how far the jump is.
My .300 WSM also has a mag length limitation, but I wanted to shoot 215 Berger. As previously noted, I prefer around .020" off the lands. However, I ended up .080" off the lands to find the best compromise of velocity, accuracy, and mag limitation.

Last edited:
7-08. I've tried more powders in this cartridge then any other.
Varget, imr4064, H&imr 4895,
Rl- 15&16, Ramshot hunter, big game and tac, vv- 135,140,150. Just to name a few. Primers made a difference also.
I use to Hate this cartridge then I got a deal on one I couldn't pass up.
A Ca. Mesa and this gun shoot anything I load for it, thank God.
Ramshot Tac has been my favorite and Rl- 15 & 15.5. Wish you the best. đź‘Ť

@, aj427ci,..
RL-17 was, the Best Powder my son found for Accuracy ( Sub 3/4 MOA ) with, the 150 gr. ELD-X and that, was the Load Combo He used to Kill a Nice,
5 x 6 Bull Elk, here in Idaho about 3 - 4 years ago with, his Tikka 7mm-08. The Range was, 247 yards.
The Bullet went thru, the Bull's front Shoulder at an Angle, thru One Lung, into the Rear Ham ( Broke, the Femur Bone W/ 112 gr's of mushroomed, Bullet recovered ) He was about, a 1/2 grain Under Max from, one of, the Newest, Hornady Books ( IIRC ).
StaBall 65 was Fine with, 168 gr Bullets BUT,. NOT with, the 150's ! ( Works Awesome, in a 6.5 Creed w/ 130's to 143's )
RL-17 is, a Pretty Hot Powder, so work Up, carefully ! Good Luck !
He Sold his 7 mm-08 Dies, Starline Brass and Bullets etc., So We have, NO exact, Powder chg. Data, to give you ( Sorry )
He thinks, he was Using, 47.3 grains of RL -17 BUT,. you need to,. Verify / Work up,. CAREFULLY ( 2,765 FPS from 23'' bbl )

Last edited: