Post your .22LR target pics, please! šŸ˜

Hey folks! Thought it would be fun to see some .22 rimfire target pics and rifle/ammo specs, too. Doesn't matter what kind of .22 rimfire rifle you haveā€¦..high end benchrest or straight off the shelf Savageā€¦.put 'em up!šŸ˜‡

I shot mine this morning (straight off the shelf Savage šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£) in perfect conditions at 50 yards for 5 shots.
View attachment 394986View attachment 394987
Savage B22 'FV'
Harris S-BRM bipod
Mueller 8-32x44 Target Dot scope
Eley 40gr 'Club' ammo
1705597075809.png

ā€¢ Vudoo .22--- with Structured Barrel

"The first 10-rounds with the SK were one hole. One thing became very obvious to me is the ES/SD impact shows immediately, but that was it. The rifle wants put everything in the same hole. It's like watching a video game through the scope. No recoil, no movement, nothing just deadness.

Groups at 100-yds | POA 2/10ths high:
+ 1st row CX .001RO | Avg .1675ā€³
+2nd row Midas+ no RO | Avg .268ā€³
+3rd row XACT no RO | Avg .276ā€³
+4th row Tenex no RO | Avg .272ā€³
*RO ā€“ Run out

Corollary data:
CX 0.001RO | Avg 1065 SD 6.7
M+ | Avg 1068 SD 11.4
XACT | Avg 1049 SD 8.9
Tenex | Avg 1107 SD 8.1
Ī”58 FPS

Honestly, the rifle outperformed every ammo I fed it. It needs to go to Lapua and Eley for testing in their tunnels to find an ammo lot that will deliver the best SD's. It was amazing shooting across the radar that I could tell based on where the impact went whether the velocity was high or low. I did have some ammo I was testing an Olympic runout gauge on, and the ammo performed best. And it was .001RO. I still need to shoot the .000's I have, those will tighten up the group even more. Or at least the data of 20 years of research shows that for every .001ā€³ of run out equates to 1/10th group size.

The barrel is outstanding, and shows quickly the weak point is in the ammunition. Even though it's Olympic ammo." ā€“ Chris Baxter

View attachment 534092
ā€¢ Vudoo .22--- with Structured Barrel

"The first 10-rounds with the SK were one hole. One thing became very obvious to me is the ES/SD impact shows immediately, but that was it. The rifle wants put everything in the same hole. It's like watching a video game through the scope. No recoil, no movement, nothing just deadness.

Groups at 100-yds | POA 2/10ths high:
+ 1st row CX .001RO | Avg .1675ā€³
+2nd row Midas+ no RO | Avg .268ā€³
+3rd row XACT no RO | Avg .276ā€³
+4th row Tenex no RO | Avg .272ā€³
*RO ā€“ Run out

Corollary data:
CX 0.001RO | Avg 1065 SD 6.7
M+ | Avg 1068 SD 11.4
XACT | Avg 1049 SD 8.9
Tenex | Avg 1107 SD 8.1
Ī”58 FPS

Honestly, the rifle outperformed every ammo I fed it. It needs to go to Lapua and Eley for testing in their tunnels to find an ammo lot that will deliver the best SD's. It was amazing shooting across the radar that I could tell based on where the impact went whether the velocity was high or low. I did have some ammo I was testing an Olympic runout gauge on, and the ammo performed best. And it was .001RO. I still need to shoot the .000's I have, those will tighten up the group even more. Or at least the data of 20 years of research shows that for every .001ā€³ of run out equates to 1/10th group size.

The barrel is outstanding, and shows quickly the weak point is in the ammunition. Even though it's Olympic ammo." ā€“ Chris Baxter
what is a structured barrel?

I have the cheap Savage with Bull barrel. It sure isn't a RimX. But for the cost it works. I am going to upgrade the stock one of these days.
Yeah, but you don't feel rushed to go out and buy $20/box ammo either šŸ˜‚ I wish I had something that would deserve to be fed that stuff.
Less expensive not cheap. Savage makes some great shooters. I have a FVSR 16" HB and it will shoot .5"/50yd with CCI standard velocity. Key is a solid and side supported front rest. The stock is a sharp U and will not sit flat for recoil. Mine shoots best with a front bipod and rear bag due to stock wobble on a regular front rest. I turned down the accutrigger to 1lb and it shoots great. I have seen a noticeable accuracy improvement with a high power fine cross hair/dot scope. Reduces distention movement greatly. Also I dont shoot copper washed bullets down it only pure lead. Clean it out with Bore Tech carbon/rimfire and then season it and only clean the chamber after.

All kinds of very accurate 22 ammo available from $5-8/50. I shoot with guys shooting re-barreled super tuned custom Vudoo's with 3K NF scopes on them. They shoot $14 a box Center X and winners are determined by X's not score.

With shoulder issues, I have to revert to the old standby... 1022. Took it out yesterday to get zeros and test ammo at 40 meters.

Spec:
Shilen Ratchet
Jewell trigger
40 moa egw rail
20X old model SWFA MOA with ranging dots
Bedded by Tumbleweedsrifles.com
Kick-eeze red white and blue pad

Ammo used are shown next to their respective groups. The 40 moa rails is used in anticipation to use the rig for fun shoot at 200 yards.

20240214_171218.jpg
20240214_170902.jpg
20240213_202333.jpg

20240213_201950.jpg

Disregard that single shot with 4 star looking print. That was shot with my S&W Shield Plus EDC using https://underwoodammo.com/9mm-luger-p-90gr-xtreme-defender-solid-monolithic-self-defense-ammo-816-1/

Last edited:
Hey folks! Thought it would be fun to see some .22 rimfire target pics and rifle/ammo specs, too. Doesn't matter what kind of .22 rimfire rifle you haveā€¦..high end benchrest or straight off the shelf Savageā€¦.put 'em up!šŸ˜‡

I shot mine this morning (straight off the shelf Savage šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£) in perfect conditions at 50 yards for 5 shots.
View attachment 394986View attachment 394987
Savage B22 'FV'
Harris S-BRM bipod
Mueller 8-32x44 Target Dot scope
Eley 40gr 'Club' ammo
Gotta love off the shelf savages. Making owners of far more expensive rigs furious for decades now! šŸ¤£

In all seriousness I think in 22 long rifle more than any other rifle cartridge, rimfire or otherwise, the ammo used is probably more of a factor than the rifle itself. I've never actually tried that eley ammo but hear VERY positive reports about it's consistency.

On the other end of the spectrum we have Remington thunderbolts hahaā€¦every box of 50 seems to have at least one "dud" and the ES is over 150 fps in my experience.

Gotta love off the shelf savages. Making owners of far more expensive rigs furious for decades now! šŸ¤£

In all seriousness I think in 22 long rifle more than any other rifle cartridge, rimfire or otherwise, the ammo used is probably more of a factor than the rifle itself. I've never actually tried that eley ammo but hear VERY positive reports about it's consistency.

On the other end of the spectrum we have Remington thunderbolts hahaā€¦every box of 50 seems to have at least one "dud" and the ES is over 150 fps in my experience.
Calvin45, back in the day My custom built 10-22's I shot Fiocchi SM320 and SM340 Biathlon and none of it cheep!! My Anschutz used the same ammo!! Great ammo!!

Less expensive not cheap. Savage makes some great shooters. I have a FVSR 16" HB and it will shoot .5"/50yd with CCI standard velocity
I have a Mark II TR that shoots like yours. Just got a BV last week. I wanted the 21" fluted barrel in the BV stock, so I swapped the stocks on the two. Then after verifying headspace was within .001" on the two bolts, I swapped them back.

They shoot great. Velocities with all my lots of CCI SV are virtually the same on both. A couple of lots are shooting .5 or better with both rifles.
20240214_193219.jpg20240214_193207.jpg

does anyone know if the Lapua Center X took the place of the Long Range ? Or is it that I just can't find the Long Range ? And is there really a difference in the two ?

This has been an interesting thread from the beginning. It started with Deputy819 shooting a great group with a second hand 22LR costing a few hundred $. It went through tons of rim fires costing more than my first car. I felt completely inadequate with my old Ruger 10/22. I almost jumped in the rabbit hole, but came to my senses. Ordered a CZ 457 yesterday and will likely replace the stock at some point. The squirrels and armadillos will not know the difference.