Planning a 250 Savage Build - Savage 110 or AXIS II?

I thought about that, but I believe I already have a barrel lined up. If my current plan doesn't work out, I'll consider that.
I have a 99A Savage my Dad bought me as my first deer rifle in 1971 when I was 7yrs old.
Still have that rifle and many deer, pigs and coyotes have fallen to a 100gr Silvertip since.
Oh yeah, and 3 elk! 🤗

BEWARE: SAAMI spec reamers do not work well at all with CIP (European) spec reamers. Many have been busted hard on this issue. Web on brass maybe too large for dia of the web on brand new brass!

@OutsideBill,

If you're sending it to a smith, have you considered reaming it 250 Savage AI?

Speed wise it would put you even with a 257 Roberts.
I have considered that. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to start with the standard 250 Savage and see how it performs. I'm really hoping to have a gun that my grandsons can shoot comfortably that will kill a deer or hog out past 100 yards. As a boy I found the model 99 in 250 Savage to be quiet and accurate, with very little recoil. My nephew still has the rifle, and it has killed a lot of game. It could easily change into something else if it doesn't match my hopes and expectations. The 250 AI would seem like an easy bump.

I have a 250 imp and the worst thing about it is that it is almost indiscernible from the creedmoor wonder cartridges, if you put them up side by side good luck telling them apart, so much for brand new cartridges
Is that a bad thing? The creedmoor cartridges are generally really good - efficient, potent at long range, adaptable to different bullets, etc.

BEWARE: SAAMI spec reamers do not work well at all with CIP (European) spec reamers. Many have been busted hard on this issue. Web on brass maybe too large for dia of the web on brand new brass!
Thanks for the warning. Hopefully I won't have to worry about that as I'm hoping to keep stay with the current chambering.

Recent Posts