Pic Rail for Browning Sako?

HuntingBronco

I have a Browning Sako (Barrel says Made in Finland - so I assume this is what people base the Sako reference on) in 22-250. Would really like to put a pic rail on it for greater mounting options. (Thermal, NV, etc) Here are pics of the action. Any suggestions on a pic rail that would work on this action?

Attachments

• IMG_8357.jpeg
    IMG_8357.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8356.jpeg
    IMG_8356.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Yes, that is a Sako action used by Browning, I forget which model it is L61 maybe, anyway, you will not have many options, as the Sako dovetail is difficult to accommodate a single piece rail.
There may be a rail that fits a Weaver style 2 part base, but not sure these days.
Many years ago, I saw Sako actions with the dovetail ground off, don't know if that is viable today.

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers.

I have a Browning Sako (Barrel says Made in Finland - so I assume this is what people base the Sako reference on) in 22-250. Would really like to put a pic rail on it for greater mounting options. (Thermal, NV, etc) Here are pics of the action. Any suggestions on a pic rail that would work on this action?
Try contacting Near Manufacturing at http://alphamount.ca/products.htm.

and

Murphy Precision at https://www.murphyprecision.com/scope-bases/sako/. I do not know the cost, but he can also custom-build you a rail.

1728708741501.png

Good luck!

Ed

Thanks. That video references a receiver that does not look like mine. The Browning I have looks like a mauser with a round ring in front and then something in the rear that is not round is lower than the front portion of the receiver. I think I found what I am seeking here, thanks Ed (Feenix):

his action isn't a sako dovetail mount setup, it looks lile a tapped Mauser to me. you could call Talley mfg and see if they can get you sorted. they deal with this stuff and make some rails. could probably at least tell you what you're looking for

Thanks. That video references a receiver that does not look like mine. The Browning I have looks like a mauser with a round ring in front and then something in the rear that is not round is lower than the front portion of the receiver. I think I found what I am seeking here, thanks Ed (Feenix):

Excellent! Have fun with it.

Recent Posts