photos of the members locale/ hunting area

Jimm

i really enjoy the photos here of the hunt areas of the various members.it would be nice to have a photo gallery where each member that can/would could post pix of their hunting area where they live or go to. waddayasay 3 sixbits? how about some pix of that gorgeous country you live in.just a thought ,maybe we could have special forum for this hmmmmmmm? ianm what thinkest thou?. see ya jimm. oh yeah how do you put photos on your post?

I would enjoy seeing some areas hunted by other guys. I have some nice images but have no idea how in hell to post them - and I can only send so many to Dave K. before he tells me to take a hike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
GOFORIT

These are some views of some of the country we hunt here in Washington.

View from about 5000' looking up into some higher country.
DSC00633%20(Small).JPG

Small tree on left is 610 yards, right end of ridge goes out to 1500+ yards
DSC00648%20(Small).JPG

Bare patch at left is 450 yards, ridge above rock outcropping goes from 600 yards on right to 1800 yards at upper left
DSC00649%20(Small).JPG

Tan opening is 450 yards and other openings across canyon go out to 900-1200 yards
DSC00839%20(Small).JPG

Some of the rougher, higher country where the big bucks and bulls like to retreat to
DSC00883%20(Small).JPG

hey ss7mm, looks like lots of fun shooting to be had.thanks for the pix.as soon as i get my sons digital camera i will take some pix, buts theres still one problem, i dont know how to post them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif help, jimm

Ian, check out http://photobucket.com/ They have one of the easiest image hosting sites that I've come across.
Once you have some images uploaded, their set-up automatically displays the "image" URL underneath each photo. It's a simple matter of copying and pasting that URL for use on here.
Feel free to email me if you need some help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is one that made a mistake and came out on the ridge by the rock outcropping in picture #2 above
DSC01046%20(Small).JPG

This is a cow elk just to the left of the small tree in the left side of picture #2 above. This is with about 3x or 4x zoom on the camera
DSC00654%20(Small).JPG

This is a small bull elk going through the small tan opening in picture #4 above and with about 10x zoom on the camera
DSC00818%20(Small).JPG

Ranges on far ridge run from 475 yards to about 975 yards
DSC00664%20(Small).JPG

A couple of elk at about 235 yards early last summer in a high meadow where we sometimes hunt
DSC00634%20(Small).JPG

A herd of elk last summer at about 375 yards - almost no zoom on camera for this shot
DSC00679%20(Small).JPG

About 25% of a herd of elk passing above me last summer at about 280 yards
DSC00685%20(Small).JPG

I wasn't going to post this since it's a scan of a 35mm and not a better digital photo, but anyway, this is a bull that came out in the bare patch in the left of picture #3 above the year before I got the 6 point. Both in the same canyon from the same general area in 2 years.
PHOTO0034.jpg

Len: Any place you can get to the outdoors and do some looking and or, preferably, some shooting is God's country. It's just that some of God's country is better looking, especially when it has some critters in it.

Allright guys, here are some of my shots. Let's see some of some other areas and also some critters if possible.

Just looking at all of the pictures when I was posting these has got me in the mood to get out and about. The critters are there year round so I think I might just go see what they are up to.

One thing I thought about, because of a question by somebody else, is spotting, shooting and tracking animals in big, open, far reaching country. Almost all of the areas where we hunt have been marked at all major transitions, openings, outcroppings, road crossings, etc. with waypoints in our gps units. We also have gps units with topo capability and have top maps with waypoints marked that we use in conjunction with our gps units. Any time an animal is shot we have waypoints all over the area the animal is in so it's an easy matter to spot the location where the animal went down, mark a new approximate waypoint where the animal went down on the gps and then go to the area where the animal is with certainty that we will be right on. Even in the views above where we might want to get to some exact spot almost 2000 yards away, because everything is mapped out, we can easily go way out of the way to get to the exact spot by using gps, coordinates and maps. Might seem like a lot of work but during all on the summer scouting we are constantly marking and mapping new areas for future usage.

thanks a million dick for the pix.i hope that folks from all over will share as much as you have.btw please see my post (recent) in general discussion. thanks again ,jimm

Those are some great pictures of elk.

Here are a few pics of places that I hunt.

This is last fall when I was scouting north of Boise

IdahoCity.JPG

This one is on Coeur d'Alene Lake in North Idaho a few years ago while scouting for ducks. Crappy quality picture - it was taken with a disposable camera.

MicaBay.jpg

Duck hunting on the Snake River this January

SnakeRiver1.JPG

We were out coyote hunting and stopped to glass the hillside. She watched us for a good 10 minutes before walking off.

Mulie.JPG

I need to carry my camera more often during hunting season - there were many cool shots that I could have taken if I had thought to bring the camera.

Great pics gonehuntingagain. Thanks for posting them. It's always great to see new country, and again, with critters in the shots. I've been by Boise on the freeway but the country down there isn't as nice as that in your pics.

[ QUOTE ]
I've been by Boise on the freeway but the country down there isn't as nice as that in your pics.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's funny - I was thinking the same thing about the Yakima area! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is amazing how fast the country changes, especially with a wet spring, the desert was <font color="green"> GREEN </font> for most of the summer. Just go north of Boise - just over the hill it turns to forest instead of desert.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.