Peterson Brass Belted Mag Basic Unprimed Box of 50

I asked them awhile ago...they said it's gonna be at least a year or more...which sucks because with my new die I can pretty much make any belted case.
Age old story. Buy first then figure it out afterwards. I got at lease one box and maybe more. While in the mean time, somebody figured it out. Now I do step down 280AI brass to 6mm. It does take 4 steps to achieve it. I change 30/06 cases to several other chambering also. I crush a few cases in working up the steps. I feel that I will proably do the same with the straight wall cases. With the 300WM case being availble that really kind of cuts into the problem anyway. Getting 338WM cases from 300wm case.

That's sad and frustrating for those who use it I'm sure. I can't stand that, it seems every company in this business expands their offerings faster than they can actually keep up with demand. I understand trying to cover as many bases and serve as many customers as possible but I do wish they'd commit to being able to acceptably serve existing customers by keeping up and staying on top of supply for existing winning products before trying to offer as many different options as possible to as many new customers as possible and in the end not be DEPENDABLE, RELIABLE, to have what a person wants when they want it. Try having something for everyone ain't worth it if it means no one can count on you. I don't want to buy a product only to discover that i probably won't be able to get my hands on it again, need to back order, need to wait over a year, (I've been done with Alliant and Nosler for a while now) bla bla bla - actually commit to a product being available for real or don't freaking offer it in the first place! 😡.
Well I started a project a couple of years. I was going to have a 6mm/06 built. Just before I moved the project forward, I came across the 280AI cases. Being it's about .1 longer to the shoulder than the 06 cases. So I changed or witched to the 280AI case. Even at that time case were hard to come by in 30/06 type in top brands. I had place my order in for the 30/06 case and did received them.
Being I change my mind, look for 280AI cases. It took me almost a year to get 500 of them. Cost was about $470 for the 500. Then I took on another rifle build. 25/280AI chamber. Order out another 500 cases. There cost was about $550.00 for 500. I looked the same amount is $825.00 for 500 now.(out of stock) On the 25/280AI reamer they lost the order, and wouldn't honor the order for sometime. It was well over 7 months. On 25/280AI order out a barrel at the same time. It took a year, and they sent the wrong barrel out. So I lost that time. Presently place an order with two different companies, waiting to see who comes up first. I cancell the other barrel at that time.
Now I order the 500 280AI case the first time. I called Peterson and they said it would be about Sept. of that year. They came in within a month of that.
Hell almost everything I purchase is out of stock. So get in line, and Wait.
Look at powders, and primers in LRP. Good luck!
What's really bad is when they drop the order, don't want to stand up for it. Even being shown that order was confirm to start with. I don't call that right either.
Finally the last thing. Just how much equipment do you think they should purchases. You can go broke with equipment that not being used. The market are up and down all the time. I partly deal in recycled metals. I watch the price go up and down all the time. We just got done setting up about a $2,000,000 site. We could use another $500,000.00 to complete with additional equipment or would like to have. It's only money, and you have to make it count.
So get inline and place your orders.

Well I started a project a couple of years. I was going to have a 6mm/06 built. Just before I moved the project forward, I came across the 280AI cases. Being it's about .1 longer to the shoulder than the 06 cases. So I changed or witched to the 280AI case. Even at that time case were hard to come by in 30/06 type in top brands. I had place my order in for the 30/06 case and did received them.
Being I change my mind, look for 280AI cases. It took me almost a year to get 500 of them. Cost was about $470 for the 500. Then I took on another rifle build. 25/280AI chamber. Order out another 500 cases. There cost was about $550.00 for 500. I looked the same amount is $825.00 for 500 now.(out of stock) On the 25/280AI reamer they lost the order, and wouldn't honor the order for sometime. It was well over 7 months. On 25/280AI order out a barrel at the same time. It took a year, and they sent the wrong barrel out. So I lost that time. Presently place an order with two different companies, waiting to see who comes up first. I cancell the other barrel at that time.
Now I order the 500 280AI case the first time. I called Peterson and they said it would be about Sept. of that year. They came in within a month of that.
Hell almost everything I purchase is out of stock. So get in line, and Wait.
Look at powders, and primers in LRP. Good luck!
What's really bad is when they drop the order, don't want to stand up for it. Even being shown that order was confirm to start with. I don't call that right either.
Finally the last thing. Just how much equipment do you think they should purchases. You can go broke with equipment that not being used. The market are up and down all the time. I partly deal in recycled metals. I watch the price go up and down all the time. We just got done setting up about a $2,000,000 site. We could use another $500,000.00 to complete with additional equipment or would like to have. It's only money, and you have to make it count.
So get inline and place your orders.

Certainly can’t argue with any of that, good points

Unrelated…but what do you do regarding recycled metals if you don’t mind my asking? That sounds interesting.

Certainly can't argue with any of that, good points

Unrelated…but what do you do regarding recycled metals if you don't mind my asking? That sounds interesting.
We truck them to differen parts of the country. Mostly to the West coast. There is a great many grades of metals, that we deal with. All vehiles, we drain all fluids and contain them in barrels. The oils we use in heating, others we have others come in and take away. All metals are graded and shipped off. We go to different areas and bail of others. Some appliances we have to drain and capture the gas in tanks. It gets shipped off and we pay for that.
We have several bailers that to different things. A car bailer and other metals that we bail daily. We don't take cardboard, plastic, nor travel trailers presently.
We scales at both sites. Small and large for trucks and trailers, and small one for lighter items.
We have several 53' 4 axle tailers, and 2 Peterbilt power plants with 4 axle underneath them presently. We truck out at about 105,000 lbs total per load including truck and trailer. We do go in and pickup site with metals for people. We have two tow truck that we pickup cars with and haul way to are our sites. These yards are equipment hungry. That about covers it.

We truck them to differen parts of the country. Mostly to the West coast. There is a great many grades of metals, that we deal with. All vehiles, we drain all fluids and contain them in barrels. The oils we use in heating, others we have others come in and take away. All metals are graded and shipped off. We go to different areas and bail of others. Some appliances we have to drain and capture the gas in tanks. It gets shipped off and we pay for that.
We have several bailers that to different things. A car bailer and other metals that we bail daily. We don't take cardboard, plastic, nor travel trailers presently.
We scales at both sites. Small and large for trucks and trailers, and small one for lighter items.
We have several 53' 4 axle tailers, and 2 Peterbilt power plants with 4 axle underneath them presently. We truck out at about 105,000 lbs total per load including truck and trailer. We do go in and pickup site with metals for people. We have two tow truck that we pickup cars with and haul way to are our sites. These yards are equipment hungry. That about covers it.
Why don't you use the gas.I worked in a few scrap yards & we ran the gas in our vehicles. It's usually good gas. Now if a vehicle sat for a while like decades. We trashed that stuff. We pumped it in tanks & filtered it. Sure does beat buying it at the pump.

Well had some time yesterday and went up another grain by .2 increments...very faint ejector mark@85 gr n570 with the Berger 195...3212fps....I'm loving the Peterson brass so far....I was at pressure@82 grns with nosler brass.
I took some 200gr chinchaga bullets up to 80grs of 570 the other day and got 3108.

How much longer are those? The bearing surface longer?
Here it is next to a 190gr atip.
20240622_194521.jpg

And next to his 229gr steel tip he makes.

Screenshot_20240630_102830_Messages.jpg