Peterson Brass Belted Mag Basic Unprimed Box of 50

Bghunter338

Has anyone attempted to make brass out of these? And if so what's the required dies needed? Thinking about trying this but not sure what and where to get the dies.

Has anyone attempted to make brass out of these? And if so what's the required dies needed? Thinking about trying this but not sure what and where to get the dies.

No idea on any of your questions but that's awesome!

Now we gonna have people running .475 capsticks at ungodly PSI with this tougher brass and suffering retinal detachment left and right! 🤣. Always been intrigued by that wildcat…

From a cylindrical case like that I'd go down to 416 or 375 first pass, then 338, then 30, then 7... you may have to anneal them like butter after a pass or two.
I've knocked down 375 h@h to 7mm stw in 2 or 3 steps with virtually zero loss before using a 338 win fl die set long, then a 300win die (or 300rum die) set for proper shoulder, then final sizing in the 7stw die (forgetting the 30 pass and going straight to 7mm can work but it's a jump and you may loose brass)... blow out with a hydro or fireform then to final shape...
If using the Peterson brass and not using a rather sloping intermediate step, you may have little fireforming at all to do, but simply trim, check neck thickness/ skim turn if needed, and shoot.

I contacted Peterson about forming 7mm STW brass using the belted mag case, they didn't know of anyone doing it and were very interested in having someone try it, they sent me a free sample pack to try,.
I'm thinking i might have found my new strait wall cart. to use in Ohio :D

Attachments

• IMG_E0793.JPG
    IMG_E0793.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_E0794.JPG
    IMG_E0794.JPG
    876.5 KB · Views: 145
I contacted Peterson about forming 7mm STW brass using the belted mag case, they didn't know of anyone doing it and were very interested in having someone try it, they sent me a free sample pack to try,.
I'm thinking i might have found my new strait wall cart. to use in Ohio :D
Those look awesome, please keep me informed.