!!Passwords!!

ceard

I've noticed some members talking about scammers grabbing info and or accounts recently. There may have been some info stolen. Everyone should change their passwords to a single use password as well as potentially remove the ability for others to post publicly to your "wall" or "Profile feed".
Passwords can be changed by clicking your profile pic in the top right area and selecting the "password and security" option.
The profile posting may be changed in in the "Privacy" section tab on the left after you have changed your password.
Stay safe y'all.

Two factor authentication is the secret

I hard to hack password is a given, but with the recent revelations about how much of your information is on the web/dark web after multiple hacks, it's really moot.
For sure 2 factor is a huge stopping point of hacks. Its also worth noting that if you have ever lost, sold, or had a phone or device stolen that you need to make sure to remove it from your google, apple or other account.

Profile Posts have been disabled for all.
We have gone over some more security measures here:

I changed my password last week, do I need to change it again?

Cheers.

I would change it and use two factor authentication

Under the password and security tab

IMG_4994.jpeg

I've noticed some members talking about scammers grabbing info and or accounts recently. There may have been some info stolen. Everyone should change their passwords to a single use password as well as potentially remove the ability for others to post publicly to your "wall" or "Profile feed".
Passwords can be changed by clicking your profile pic in the top right area and selecting the "password and security" option.
The profile posting may be changed in in the "Privacy" section tab on the left after you have changed your password.
Stay safe y'all.
Thanks so much, all done

For 2FA, such as utilized by my banks, can you just text a code to my phone?
The slowest and most cumbersome authentication is by Verizon. Sheesh!

I appreciate your advice to use password manager and do not use a password for multiple accounts.

Last edited:
For 2FA, such as utilized by my banks, can you just text a code to my phone?
The slowest and most cumbersome authentication is by Verizon. Sheesh!

I appreciate your advice to use password manager and do not use a password for multiple accounts.

Google Authenticator is pretty fast and it will generate backup codes you can write down if you find yourself on a different device that doesn't have the authenticator.