PA Long Range Season

Hello to all forum members. I don't post on here but have bin a member for years always enjoy reading the reviews and the ongoing debates written by some very good writers. I am starting this post with a little bit of back story on me because possibly some may have ran into me in the field or I may have helped some in the woods as well. I started the long range pursuit in 1998 in the mountains of Potter and Tioga County PA. My hero was a man by the name of Lowell Amand. I watched him for many years and learned from him through his stories of the field told in a place called Hotel Manor, Slate Run PA. He inspired me into the game and molded my direction into gun building, wildcatting, optics, and hunting. So I became what is known as a Pine Creek Shooter, A Big Gun, Mountain To Mountain Man, a Canyon Shooter. These terms mean something to the people of the endless mountains of the northern tier and I hope there are others on here that can identify themselves as my bothers of the ridges. Over the years I have seen guys disappear from there spots and I always regret never really even learning there names but somehow feel i knew them. Now after returning from two weeks of glassing from bear season to buck season, I wonder if any of them are on this forum. Love to hear the reports and the stories of the season. I don't do any of the social networking stuff so this is the only way I know to reach out is this forum. I hope my personal story will connect with some members of the forum and if you guys are still up in the valley of the pines I will be returning to my rock Saturday morning to glass the distant sidehills.
I'm hoping to see what my smokeless does on a bear towards Emporium. I don't really know any folks in the canyons. Talked to a very interesting gunsmith down there one day Reitec I believe his name is. I'll be in emporium for the 3 day muzzy youth season.

I'm hoping to see what my smokeless does on a bear towards Emporium. I don't really know any folks in the canyons. Talked to a very interesting gunsmith down there one day Reitec I believe his name is. I'll be in emporium for the 3 day muzzy youth season.
His name is Tom Farmer, he runs his shop under the name Rytec.
Tom does good work, but no longer spends a full day in his shop.