Over the barrel suppressors

agreed. i've had my CC license for close to 10 years now, i just renewed it in march. that means a fresh background check was done. that's all that should be required to purchase an NFA item.

good news is that i live in a free state (NC) and the GOP controlled legislature has recently passed numerous gun friendly laws. they've forced the sheriff in my county to sign off on paperwork for SBRs and cans if the person is able to own one (ie, clean background). when i bought mine, i had to purchase through a trust because he refused to sign off.

i own 2 AR pistols, one in 556 and one in 9mm. both wear 10.5" barrels and and both are at around 20" long over all. how might one conceal that? and not to mention, other than me being a law abiding gun owner, what is to stopping me from putting the lower from one of my 16" guns on my pistol upper? oh and both have shockwave braces on them that i can "accidentally" shoulder while firing.

In NC we have to have a permit for handguns from the sheriff if you don't have a ccw... Lots of people think that was a great idea until you remind them That was done to prevent black people from legally obtaining firearms during Jim Crow.

i tell lots of folks about that including my black friends that i take shooting on my land.

Federal law says you don't even have to get a sign off now. You only have to notify.

In NC we have to have a permit for handguns from the sheriff if you don't have a ccw... Lots of people think that was a great idea until you remind them That was done to prevent black people from legally obtaining firearms during Jim Crow.
I follow the rules, but as a Constitutionalist, I feel that ANY restrictions on my 2nd Amendment rights are infringement.

Federal law says you don't even have to get a sign off now. You only have to notify.
Still dumb that you have to have special paperwork and pay a $200 tax for a gun muffler... I bet if people started doing that for automobiles, folks would **** bricks, and and be bitching all the way to kingdom come about THEIR rights being infringed. Ironically hypocritical isn't it? :cool:

No other Amendment has EVER been bastardized and threatened and treated like ****, like the 2nd Amendment has been. It's time We The People take a stand for it.

I follow the rules, but as a Constitutionalist, I feel that ANY restrictions on my 2nd Amendment rights are infringement.

100% agree and that's because they are an infringement. since the 2A was written, all the government has done is attempt to restrict it (and one could argue the same for several other rights)

agreed. i've had my CC license for close to 10 years now, i just renewed it in march. that means a fresh background check was done. that's all that should be required to purchase an NFA item.

good news is that i live in a free state (NC) and the GOP controlled legislature has recently passed numerous gun friendly laws. they've forced the sheriff in my county to sign off on paperwork for SBRs and cans if the person is able to own one (ie, clean background). when i bought mine, i had to purchase through a trust because he refused to sign off.

i own 2 AR pistols, one in 556 and one in 9mm. both wear 10.5" barrels and and both are at around 20" long over all. how might one conceal that? and not to mention, other than me being a law abiding gun owner, what is to stopping me from putting the lower from one of my 16" guns on my pistol upper? oh and both have shockwave braces on them that i can "accidentally" shoulder while firing.
Actually they redefined that law due to all the confusion. You can now shoulder a brace without fear of legal repercussions.

Actually they redefined that law due to all the confusion. You can now shoulder a brace without fear of legal repercussions.

oh ok, last i remember reading it was ok if it accidentally hit your shoulder while firing. i was never worried about it as i own 10 acres of land out in the middle of nowhere and do 99% of my shooting there.

Because I would like to know if there is a big reason I shouldn't have one as one of my next suppressors. I am currently running a elite iron 338 suppressor that doesn't seem to be too popular, but only reason I could find was due to the weight.
Looks like the largest barrel they can fit over is .95 and are a quite a few Db louder than end of barrel. Amtac vs elite iron 7.62 cal shows it as 12db less suppression.

I too own an Eliteiron suppressor and serves me well for my intended purpose, regardless of its popularity status. As I understand it, there's a couple of how people tests them ...

I would recommend a Silencerco Hybrid 46. thread any barrel you want .458 SOCOM, down to .223's and you only need one suppressor. It is a very good choice for a first, or only suppressor.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts