oregon

brushhunter

New to lrh website. Was trying to do some long range rifle build research cause im trying to better my skills as a hunter and a shooter and stumble across this website. Started browsing through the forums and decided to join. This place has already help me out quite a bit with info i was looking for. I still have more to learn but picking it up slowly. So far longest shot ive made was 650 yards with my ruger m77 target 220 swift Shooting a 55gr hornady vmax at 1the gallon water jug.

I bow hunt elk in oregon but am looking to go out of state soon for hunts and need help building a good long range rig. I know this question has been beat to death. But i cant decide on a caliber. Recoil isnt a issue, but the main issue besides caliber is how to pick what componts or companies to choose from because lack of knowledge. Looking to make a rig roughly around 9 to 11lbs dressed.
Any help would be very awesome.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.