Online scam in Georgia but maybe other places. Watch out!

Marplot

At first, I thought, just send them $5.89, BUT red flags in my mind! It turns out there is more evil behind it. I can be a phish to get into your accounts and steal much more!
As this applies to Georgia, but there may be other scams in other areas purporting that you send them a small amount to avoid late fees. Be very careful because they can get into your accounts.
We have some lanes on our expressways that are marked as toll roads. There is a Pass that allows you to use them. Since these are not traveled often you can get through heavily trafficked lanes.
BEWARE Ga Peach Pass Scam. We received that we must pay $5.89 to avoid $59.00 in late fees. THIS IS A SCAM. Don't click on it. Google says:
"Peach Pass has warned customers about a phishing scam that involves fake text messages that appear to be from Georgia Tolls or Peach Pass:
What to do
If you receive a fake text
Do not click any links or provide any information. Delete the message immediately.
If you've already clicked or shared information
Contact your financial institution immediately and notify Peach Pass of any suspicious activity related to your account.
Report the scam
Report the fake text messages to the FBI's Interest Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov."