One for me, one for the boy.....

Super-X

Just getting the equipment back to start shooting the TAC match in Sacramento Ca. It is a 200 to 1000 yd at std B-27 man size targets. Here are the rifles we have put together to run there.
One for my boy (14)
CMMG AR15 with Wilson full bull 20in 1in8 twist, Nikon 6x18. (he will shoot to 600)
One for me
Lawton 400X , Krieger 24in 1in8 twist in 7mm08, JP MOR chassis, Sightron SIII 16X MMD scope.

We had his to the range to break in the bbl, then he did some 30 sec. drills like the match will be. From standing, drop and get off 3 shots in 30 sec. He did really good using about 25-26 sec and his end groups were under 1 moa. The trigger is shameful, he will really get going when we replace it. But at least we are in the game, cant wait!

232323232%7Ffp53836%3Enu%3D32%3C7%3E3%3C2%3E5%3C4%3EWSNRCG%3D3487%3A2%3C336336nu0mrj

Last edited:
It will be nearly 10 years since I last shot there by the time we get ready, hopefully by July. Nice looking rifle you have there. Nice to see something other than another .308.
Cheers, see you there.... Tim

I'll be at the Sacramento match on July4th -gun) will you be ready? There will be a practice on Saturday, not sure if the practice will be morning or afternoon...

Show up and you already beat everyone who stayed home. My goal is not to finish last, which I accomplished last time.

Nice looking rigs you have there. Father and Son, whether you win, lose or draw the memories will be priceless. Best of luck and enjoy.

I'll head out to break in my bbl this Sat. morning:)
We plan to attend the practice on Sat the 3rd, if all goes as planned. I was able to get some trigger work done for his AR too.... We will see if I'm Ace, pet gunsmith or a nut with one too many wrenches. I see the match has changed quite a bit since I last attended in 2001. Now there is standing, sitting and prone, sounds like a highpower match to me as it used to be all prone... back in the day :cool:
Please step up and say hey.... Tim

Had my boy out this morning to ck some loads for his AR and break in my barrel on the 7mm08. We did pretty good with his AR but had some issues with the 7mm. Seems my trigger job did it's job, he has some clover leaves with the 80 sierra's. :D I was unable to seat to the lands on the 7mm, only box length, but there was promise with a few loads.
The Surefire brake came loose and the JP box mags.... well they just have problems. I may need to buy some AI mags for it. Overall a good time. gun)

232323232%7Ffp538%3A%3B%3Enu%3D3395%3E276%3E356%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C99336%3C8343nu0mrj

Good to hear you were able to get the trigger work done in time. Let us know how it goes.

On an added note; I did a shoot and clean each shot for 10, then every five and never got any copper to show up with sweets 7.62 copper cleaner (turns blue) like I did with my other barrels and recently with the AR barrel. This is a Kreiger ss barrel ..... anyone ever had this happen ? I shot 50 rounds total over 5 hours , even after the final clean job of the day there was no blue color on the patches.... any thoughts on this ?:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.