Ok I am not a big fan of the 6.5 Creedmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
180 grain woodleigh in my 270 at 2529 fps, best guest calculator.

Range Velocity Energy Trajectory Come Up (MOA)

muzzle 2529fps 2556.0 energy

100yards 2358fps 2222.0 energy

200 yards 2193 fps 1923.0 energy drop -4.8
300 yards 2036 fps. 1656.0 energy. Drop. -16.8
400 yards 1885 fps 1420.0 energy drop -37.2
500 yards. 1742fps 1212.0 energy drop -67.4

Hard to beat a 243 , easy to shoot, easy to reload.

Attachments

• attachment-2019-05-16-063136_kindlephoto-188395555.jpg
    attachment-2019-05-16-063136_kindlephoto-188395555.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 86
Yuppers,,, our group of shooters were surrounded by Creeds all day long,,, most of the folks were getting 1 1/4" groups @ a 100,,, not alot of effort to get the medium weigth rifles planted and easy to shoot with the lighter booltiz,,, 2650 to 2700 ft-per seconds with the 140gr class,,, the 123gr were clipping along @ 2900 ish...
Of course the heavier booltiz could be loaded hotter,,, no need for that in the off season,,, less brass stretch and cutting back on hot-flash throat erosion seems to work,,, the 2 young fellows and their girl friends will hop up the powder charges closer to hunting season... They mapped out the hot loads a few years ago,,, their pretty happy that all the ballistics data stuff is taken care of...

The one Creed has 3000+++ rounds launched to date,,, if his girlfriend buckles down,,, she can get the old worn out pipe to pull off 1/2" MOA,,, she laughed,,, any person would be happy pulling off 1 to 2"s of MOA in the killing fields,,, good enough for hunting what ever she said... Ha...

The other rifle is new this year,,, $499 Cnd funds,,, Savage Axe-is,,, they let me shoot it,,, dam,,, what a dream to shoot free hand with the 2 1/2 lb factory trigger,,, it took me a few shoots to get the sling snugged up and a comfortable / relaxed hold,,, Oh Yha,,, even a old school TR dude like me could work with this...

7 ish lbs all in,,, what a dream to shoot,,, it is a lot like the 6mm medium barrel unit I owned years ago,,, I can see that I'll be running reduced loads for my custom unit when I get it rocking,,, 123gr @ 2550 - 2630 ft-per seconds will be fun to plink with on the gongs at 100 to 600 meters. Ha...

Bring paint to mark the gongs to see the hits...

Yuppers,,, our group of shooters were surrounded by Creeds all day long,,, most of the folks were getting 1 1/4" groups @ a 100,,, not alot of effort to get the medium weigth rifles planted and easy to shoot with the lighter booltiz,,, 2650 to 2700 ft-per seconds with the 140gr class,,, the 123gr were clipping along @ 2900 ish...
Of course the heavier booltiz could be loaded hotter,,, no need for that in the off season,,, less brass stretch and cutting back on hot-flash throat erosion seems to work,,, the 2 young fellows and their girl friends will hop up the powder charges closer to hunting season... They mapped out the hot loads a few years ago,,, their pretty happy that all the ballistics data stuff is taken care of...

The one Creed has 3000+++ rounds launched to date,,, if his girlfriend buckles down,,, she can get the old worn out pipe to pull off 1/2" MOA,,, she laughed,,, any person would be happy pulling off 1 to 2"s of MOA in the killing fields,,, good enough for hunting what ever she said... Ha...

The other rifle is new this year,,, $499 Cnd funds,,, Savage Axe-is,,, they let me shoot it,,, dam,,, what a dream to shoot free hand with the 2 1/2 lb factory trigger,,, it took me a few shoots to get the sling snugged up and a comfortable / relaxed hold,,, Oh Yha,,, even a old school TR dude like me could work with this...

7 ish lbs all in,,, what a dream to shoot,,, it is a lot like the 6mm medium barrel unit I owned years ago,,, I can see that I'll be running reduced loads for my custom unit when I get it rocking,,, 123gr @ 2550 - 2630 ft-per seconds will be fun to plink with on the gongs at 100 to 600 meters. Ha...

Bring paint to mark the gongs to see the hits...
So very poetic.

Ha,,, we dam near made the 60 mark on a caliber that only a few folks aren't fond of...

It only took one writer to turn the Creed thing upside down when he stated that it's the best thing since sliced bread,,, of course this lead to push back from the right or left since folks heard this same thing when the 270 Winny came out,,, of course it carried on from there as new cartridges showed up...

Either it is to big or to small,,, not enough oumpha at distance,,, or way to much up close,,, the 30/06 is to much yet the 308 isn't good enough,,, unless your a Gal starting out then everyone suggest that they buy a 243 to hunt Elk with... LOL...

If it was a fellow asking about the 243,,, the whole thread would tip up side down,,, and who goes hunting Alaska'n Moose with a 25/06 Any-who...

A person has to admit that the 65 boolit is a ok fight rocket,,, some say speed it up,,, other think that slowing it down might be a good plan,,, the Granola 6.5 is one of those cartridges,,, 2500+ ft-per seconds with the 123gr'ers... The deer aren't to keen on in at 15' to 140 ish yards...

What the 65 makes up for in rockety it burns up in barrel life,,, nothing wrong within this if a person only shoots 2 to 4 boxes of ammo per year,,, pretty much a humans full life time wearing out the pipe... Ha,,, about 1 to 2 years in my hands...

There's no clear wwinnersi n the game of hunting,,, just results that end up in the positives if the critter stumbles to its death,,, then a person can Grin from ear to ear as they reap the rewards of a job well done... That's what really counts...

At least in my books that is...

Love or hate makes no difference to me going forward with my build,,, not over bored nor under,,, some folks call it the A Square thing,,, kinda like the cardboard beer box I wear on the weekends with eye holes cut so I don't end up falling off a cliff or end up walking into a swamp of muskeg to never been seen again,,, Ha...

Yuppers,,, the phone call any day now to let me know my barrel is done,,, giddy times to follow I'm sure...

Might as well push for 60. If I had a 6.5 to hunt with I think I would go 120 grain and push it fast. Unless the rifle was set up for long distance then...experiment.

I wish the industry would produce a better variety of 25 caliber bullets.

I believe I could have something really close to the wonderful and amazing 6.5 Creed.

Maybe I could call it the 257 Awesome Bob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts