Official 2022 Varmint Post

Only wish I could shoot the 4 in my yard at the moment. Out of season now. I need a quiet .22 pneumatic airgun to keep my liberal neighbors from hearing me.
Live traps don't seem to work. On rare occasions I've been able to snare a couple to feed the foxes.
Since my old dog had to be put down they and the squirrels have taken over my yard! Ugh!
Lots of super quiet pcp and some springers. Mine will shoot -.5" groups all day long at 50 yards. I was just talking to my neighbor on the phone. Shot a starling and he never even noticed it.

View attachment 360906
Got the first one for this year back on the 16th.

View attachment 360909
Got this one today messing around an old barn.
View attachment 360916

204 took them both.
I have a couple .22-250's and a .220 Swift that are scary accurate (same hole accuracy) BUT I have a new love affair with a .204 Ruger recently acquired that is a "One Hole Gun"! I wonder why it took me so long to get one.. I'm totally happy and sold on that caliber. However, not slighting or taking anything away from my other hot rods. They are right there too! I'm just really pleased all around!

I have a couple .22-250's and a .220 Swift that are scary accurate (same hole accuracy) BUT I have a new love affair with a .204 Ruger recently acquired that is a "One Hole Gun"! I wonder why it took me so long to get one.. I'm totally happy and sold on that caliber. However, not slighting or taking anything away from my other hot rods. They are right there too! I'm just really pleased all around!
We bought a Ruger 77 MII Target Grey in 2004 when they first came out. I did a little work on it and it shoots 0.156" with 40 gr SBK. Shot many a chuck, PD and Yotes with it. Our favorite Varmint caliber out to 500 yds.

1651195951593.jpeg

22 long and 22-250