NSX vs. ATACR

Tracking is going to be a lot to lot issue. I doubt you'll have a major measurable difference between 10 of each scope. Point being, they usually track very well.

I'm can't really tell the difference between the atacr and pm2 glass. Difference is negligible to me. The nsx is a non ED glass. The atacr seems to have more color pop I'd say, and the edge clarity is a little better with less chromatic aberration.

I don't think they make the NSX with in mils anymore, or in a FFP. Which immediately is a no go, for me anyways.

I vote NXS. Flagship Nightforce. Never let me down in any situation. That includes being ran over(hell and back reliability). I have not seen the need for anything else so I just run them. Not saying the ATACR is in any way inferior, I just have not had the need to get that much more glass yet🤷🏻‍♂️😉
Real good glass(not the greatest) and exceptional and forever repeatable tracking. I would say the ATACR is the same. Anything NF is good 💩

I have 8 different NF's...all either old 12-42 comps or 5.5-22, 8-32, 0r 12-42 NSX's and 1 NX8 along with a couple of March's Never owned an ATACR or a new Comp. I compete in 600/1000 br and love to bang steel on my range out to 1500 yards. NO USE FOR FFP. I live in and grew up in an MOA world.

Thanks for the replys

I think the ATACR is better optically but not by a huge amount. I seem to be able to get better clarity when it comes to detecting mirage via the parallax adjustment, but the doggone think is heavy.

I think the ATACR is better optically but not by a huge amount. I seem to be able to get better clarity when it comes to detecting mirage via the parallax adjustment, but the doggone think is heavy.
Gun I am building is for off the bench type shooting with bipod. Weight is my friend....except for , you know, dating and stuff.:rolleyes:

NXS was the only scope they made at one point. It's currently in the process of being discontinued, hardly the modern day flagship. I say that as a current NXS user.
Right. It was there flagship model for that reason( that it was all they needed/had at the time). Never said it still was. Only that I still enjoy using it. Others are obviously better but way more money. Hate to see the NXS line go but it will never be gone

I didn't know that the NSX came before the old comp. What is better, or, what prompted them to produce the old comp I wonder. Must be a reason. In the LRBR world the 12 - 42 x 56 NSX is VERY popular.

I didn't know that the NSX came before the old comp. What is better, or, what prompted them to produce the old comp I wonder. Must be a reason. In the LRBR world the 12 - 42 x 56 NSX is VERY popular.
Idk which came out before which…because I don't personally care, but I can tell you that the comp is a different scope all around, for the purpose it was designed for. Even more telling is it essentially replaced the old 12-42 BR.

It doesn't have the same internal adjustment range as the NXS, or any of the other we've discussed.

The reticles are only offered in a cross hair or a floating dot. A lot of guys in BR opt for the floating dot. There's on one reticle option that would work for PRS kind of stuff and it's really not that great.