Northern Saskatchewan Black Bear

ENGUNEER

I just got back from a Northern Saskatchewan black bear/moose hunt with my wife that was outfitted and guided by Labora Outfitters (https://www.facebook.com/laboraoutfitters ). We saw 2 nice bull moose and got a shot at one in thick trees but killed a tree instead of the moose. The moose weren't coming to calls so we had to "walk them up". But I did shoot a very fat old boar black bear. He was estimated to weigh near 500 pounds (about 100 pounds of fat on his belly alone) with a skull measurement near 19 inches. Please see the above website for the pics of the bear. It was a very enjoyable hunt with a great family operation out in their lodge in the wilds of Northern SASK.

Is this your bear? Is your name Terry or Pat?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241008-144701_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20241008-144701_Samsung Internet.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 153
How big was the tree?
Tom

The tree was about 5" of old burned pine. The bullet penetrated the tree and probably thumped him a bit since he stumbled over a downed log in the bog and fell.....but then he got up and left the country. Also, he left no blood that we could find anywhere after hours and hours of looking and tracking over two days so there was no real damage to him.

Using Pat for bait? :)
Congrats on a great bear.

Pat loves to hunt and see the animals, but she does not like to shoot at them. She has her own rifles, but she is afraid of not making a clean kill so she won't shoot. She gets more excited when I shoot something than I do, I think. I wouldn't want to hunt without her.

Using Pat for bait? :)
Congrats on a great bear.

Pat loves to hunt and see the animals, but she does not like to shoot at them. She has her own rifles, but she is afraid of not making a clean kill so she won't shoot. She gets more excited when I shoot something than I do, I think. I wouldn't want to hunt without her.
ENGUNEER ,

You are indeed a LUCKY MAN , that your Wife enjoys hunting with you !